Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like ingenext is having sales right now on their boost 50 for SR+.

BOOST 50 FOR TESLA MODEL 3

I am about to pull the trigger, but my two biggest concern holding me back is risk of voiding warranty. I know ingenext advertised that module can be removed by yourself. Based on some of youtube videos people showing how they install the module, it seems like it is not a easy plug and play type of module.

anyone have experience voiding warranty after installing ingenext boost module?

I would expect your warrantee would be void if Tesla found out about it.

(the below applies to the US)

you should hope they do. Nice easy lawsuit win. (they wont because of the following)...It would be blatantly illegal for them to do this under the magnuson voss act. They can refuse to fix items under warranty should your part be responsible for the damage, but the burden is entirely on them to prove that it was your mod that caused the damage.

Last edited:
(the below applies to the US)

you should hope they do. Nice easy lawsuit win. (they wont because of the following)...It would be blatantly illegal for them to do this under the magnuson voss act. They can refuse to fix items under warranty should your part be responsible for the damage, but the burden is entirely on them to prove that it was your mod that caused the damage.

People always trot out magnusson moss as if its some sort of blanket "easy win". All it really protects a person from, is a company voiding a warranty because of something unrelated to what you changed. If someone changes their suspension, then has an issue with the vehicle charging, tesla can not void the warranty for the charging system because someone changed the suspension.

They CAN however, void any warranty on damage to things connected to the suspension.

So, if someone installs an after market part that "boosts power" then there is some problem with the HV battery, motors etc, since that is connected to what the owner did, that could EASILY be argued to have been caused by the user.

Thats why these devices (for most manufacturers) say "easily removable!" so they can theoretically be removed before service, so that whoever is servicing the car (whatever brand) doesnt "know it was there".

These type of devices can always be found by a manufacturer if looking for it in the cars logs. In most other car brands, however, it is a DEALER who is performing service, who basically just wants to get paid, so its in their best interest not to dig too deep into something like this unless they have some reason to do so (are forced to by the manfuacturer to get paid for warranty coverage, or the customer is a jerk and the dealership decides to draw a hard line).

In teslas case, since its not a dealer who wants to get paid, but a manufacturer who basically is incentivized to look deeper, one should expect that, if they use such a device AND something catastrophic happens, they would be in for a fight on coverage if the use of the device was discovered. Magnusson moss is not going to protect against battery damage when one installs a device that changes power delivery.

TL ; DR Magnussen moss will not protect someone from possible voiding of warranties related to motors, batteries etc, if they use such a device, something happens, and tesla chooses to deny warranty. It is not an "easy win" it would be a long, protracted battle, and likely a losing one for the customer should tesla find out about the part and choose to fight. if one buys such a device, they should be prepared to remove it and not speak about using it if they need to take the car in for service for any reason.

People always trot out magnusson moss as if its some sort of blanket "easy win". All it really protects a person from, is a company voiding a warranty because of something unrelated to what you changed. If someone changes their suspension, then has an issue with the vehicle charging, tesla can not void the warranty for the charging system because someone changed the suspension.

They CAN however, void any warranty on damage to things connected to the suspension.

So, if someone installs an after market part that "boosts power" then there is some problem with the HV battery, motors etc, since that is connected to what the owner did, that could EASILY be argued to have been caused by the user.

Thats why these devices (for most manufacturers) say "easily removable!" so they can theoretically be removed before service, so that whoever is servicing the car (whatever brand) doesnt "know it was there".

These type of devices can always be found by a manufacturer if looking for it in the cars logs. In most other car brands, however, it is a DEALER who is performing service, who basically just wants to get paid, so its in their best interest not to dig too deep into something like this unless they have some reason to do so (are forced to by the manfuacturer to get paid for warranty coverage, or the customer is a jerk and the dealership decides to draw a hard line).

In teslas case, since its not a dealer who wants to get paid, but a manufacturer who basically is incentivized to look deeper, one should expect that, if they use such a device AND something catastrophic happens, they would be in for a fight on coverage if the use of the device was discovered. Magnusson moss is not going to protect against battery damage when one installs a device that changes power delivery.

TL ; DR Magnussen moss will not protect someone from possible voiding of warranties related to motors, batteries etc, if they use such a device, something happens, and tesla chooses to deny warranty. It is not an "easy win" it would be a long, protracted battle, and likely a losing one for the customer should tesla find out about the part and choose to fight. if one buys such a device, they should be prepared to remove it and not speak about using it if they need to take the car in for service for any reason.
This is great information. One of the reasons I'm considering waiting until warranty has expired on our MY. With 31K and not a year old, I won't need to wait that much longer.

they CANNOT void your warranty just because you installed a modification. That is the entire point. You would need to first make a warranty claim for something that was damaged, then they would need to deny that coverage and prove that the modification you made was the reason for the damage. This is far harder for the party trying to deny the warranty than you might think.

TL:DR warranties dont just get voided. You could call elon and tell him you installed this box, give him your vin and say come at me bro and it would not matter a lick if you never had an issue demonstrably linked to the thing you installed.

they CANNOT void your warranty just because you installed a modification. That is the entire point. You would need to first make a warranty claim for something that was damaged, then they would need to deny that coverage and prove that the modification you made was the reason for the damage. This is far harder for the party trying to deny the warranty than you might think.

TL:DR warranties dont just get voided. You could call elon and tell him you installed this box, give him your vin and say come at me bro and it would not matter a lick if you never had an issue demonstrably linked to the thing you installed.

They really only need to prove that the vehicle is not operating as designed, and that your modification is the cause of it. Thats not very hard to do with, for example, a motor problem with a part which changes power delivery. Im not going to argue with you though, believe whatever you want to believe about magnusson moss protecting you in this case.

They really only need to prove that the vehicle is not operating as designed, and that your modification is the cause of it. Thats not very hard to do with, for example, a motor problem with a part which changes power delivery. Im not going to argue with you though, believe whatever you want to believe about magnusson moss protecting you in this case.

The other thing is that Tesla has the resources to cast doubt because they have mechanics, engineers, and lawyers on payroll that can do so. I would assume that 99.9% of people worrying about a MMWA defense, do not.

Reactions: EV-by-the-Sea
Based on frequent TMC posts, it appears that Tesla regularly denies warranty coverage for things that would seem to obviously be warranty issues (i.e., yellow screens, fit and finish, EMMC). They do seem to come around when the number of complaints, or the number of government investigations, reaches some critical mass.

If they do void the warranty for using this device, would it be unlikely that the number of people in the affected class would reach that level?

I asked Ingenext this, but he hasn’t responded yet. Does anyone know the answer to this in regards to the Ghost DIY? What is actually done when Ingenext remotes into my computer?

Is he permanently flashing a modified firmware to the motor?

If so, are there any remnants of the ghost modification left behind once the module is removed?

I asked Ingenext this, but he hasn’t responded yet. Does anyone know the answer to this in regards to the Ghost DIY? What is actually done when Ingenext remotes into my computer?

Is he permanently flashing a modified firmware to the motor?

If so, are there any remnants of the ghost modification left behind once the module is removed?

Asked them what? on the ingenext upgrade under the ghost is this text, which answers your question right?

=======================================
GHOST UPGRADE DIY

IMPACT ON THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY

When visiting a Service Center or when a technician visits your home, it is recommended that you remove the device beforehand. Any purchaser or user of the Ghost upgrade releases Technologies Ingenext and all its related companies from any responsibility regarding the full or partial validity of the manufacturer's warranty following the use of this equipment. We are not responsible for any modifications the manufacturer could do to your car (ex: turning off some features etc.).

======================================

This text on the ingenext website should also mostly answer the question about whether ingenext feels their changes would be protected by magnusson moss, or if they certify that tesla will never disable it.

Last edited:
It sounds like he's asking if you physically remove the module can Tesla tell you ever had it.

The answer is yes of course- if they wish to use the logs to find out.

I'm unsure I'd trust any answer (especially if it's not that answer) from Ingenext given they claimed the original boost upgrade wasn't detectable and it turned out to be easily detectable.

they would need to deny that coverage and prove that the modification you made was the reason for the damage. This is far harder for the party trying to deny the warranty than you might think.

As a practical matter, the burden is probably not on Tesla. Customer gets mod, something breaks, customer takes to Tesla for warranty service, Tesla says not covered because of a mod, customer says to Tesla "you have to prove mod caused the damage," and Tesla says... no. Customer's choice is then to not fix the car (probably not a realistic option), get it fixed somewhere other than Tesla (probably not a realistic option), or pay Tesla for the non-covered repair. Customer can subsequently arbitrate or sue Tesla to try to get paid back for the improperly denied claim, and maybe in that context can then say the legal burden is on Tesla to prove the mod caused the problem (I don't know if that's the law). But that scenario sucks. Sure seems like Tesla has the leverage throughout this process.

Reactions: EV-by-the-Sea
...if they wish to use the logs to find out...
Tesla doesn’t have to use the logs to find out. The might already have a flag in their software for out of specification torque. If they do, I would hope Tesla would make the flag visible. It would be a bummer to unknowingly buy a car from someone who had removed the mod, only to find out years later that the warranty was voided.

I had been waiting for Tesla to release a paid performance boost for SR+ but it seemed like it would never happen. I just saw recently that Ingenext released a performance boosting module for SR/SR+ that have the 980 rear motor. Mine is a April '19 build, so I'm pretty sure I have it but need to confirm.

BOOST SR FOR TESLA MODEL 3

Has anybody ordered this? Issues installing it? Overall feeling that it is worth the money?

Based on the small amount of reactions I have found online I think it's worth it for me and will probably order it as soon as I confirm I have a 980 motor on my car.

EDIT: Only discussion I could find already on TMC was this thread in the UK sub-forum, and no one commented directly on the performance aspect which is mainly what I'm interested in.

Last edited:
I had been waiting for Tesla to release a paid performance boost for SR+ but it seemed like it would never happen. I just saw recently that Ingenext released a performance boosting module for SR/SR+ that have the 980 rear motor. Mine is a April '19 build, so I'm pretty sure I have it but need to confirm.

BOOST SR FOR TESLA MODEL 3

Has anybody ordered this? Issues installing it? Overall feeling that it is worth the money?

Based on the small amount of reactions I have found online I think it's worth it for me and will probably order it as soon as I confirm I have a 980 motor on my car.

EDIT: Only discussion I could find already on TMC was this thread in the UK sub-forum, and no one commented directly on the performance aspect which is mainly what I'm interested in.

Ignore this post, I didn't find this thread till I had posted my own. I guess my question still stands though, has anybody here gotten the SR+ boost yet?

The MMWA is one of the most misunderstood Federal Laws when it comes to vehicle warranty coverage. See the link below. Aside from deceptive warranty practices, it protects the consumer from being locked-in to buying replacement parts from specific suppliers in order to maintain the warranty. For example, you buy a third party replacement bulb, oil filter or windshield wiper from your local Autozone and the dealer wants to void the warranty (or part of) as a result, you will have a good case under the MMWA.

It does not cover added modifications that weren't originally part of the vehicle.

"In addition, it is permissible to disclaim warranty coverage for defects or damage caused by the use of parts or service you didn’t provide. Here is an example of a permissible provision in that circumstance:

Necessary maintenance or repairs on your AudioMundo Stereo System can be performed by any company. Damage caused to the AudioMundo Stereo System by you or any non-authorized third party, however, may void this warranty."

So the module can void the warranty (or part of). Whether they will actually do it is up to them.

Last edited:
The MMWA is one of the most misunderstood Federal Laws when it comes to vehicle warranty coverage. See the link below. Aside from deceptive warranty practices, it protects the consumer from being locked-in to buying replacement parts from specific suppliers in order to maintain the warranty. For example, you buy a third party replacement bulb, oil filter or windshield wiper from your local Autozone and the dealer wants to void the warranty (or part of) as a result, you will have a good case under the MMWA.

It does not cover added modifications that weren't originally part of the vehicle.

So the module can void the warranty (or part of). Whether they will actually do it is up to them.

This is not quite accurate.

For one- as you cite above- Damage caused by ANY aftermarket part- even a direct replacement of one that came on the car- can allow the dealer to disclaim warranty for that specific damage

It still does not "void" the whole warranty.

For another- there's nothing in the language that limits its protections to exact-replacements from 3rd parties.

Here's SEMA on that topic-

The FTC’s reference to aftermarket parts is equally applicable to specialty parts,” said Russ Deane, SEMA’s General Counsel. “Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the warranty cannot be conditioned to a specific brand of parts, services or vehicle modifications unless those parts or services are provided free of charge

They can refuse to cover damage caused by an aftermarket part- but the rest of the warranty would still apply.

In my own anecdotal (and therefore worthless) experience having owned modded cars- Dealers often will initially blame any mod for whatever your warranty issue is an say no coverage- but I've universally had them reverse this decision as soon as the words Mangunson Moss came out of my mouth.

They're happy to steal from the ignorant, but have no interest in being required to "prove" anything to do so.

Last edited: