Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3-month FSD 'free' on new HW4 cars is useless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It isn't useless but it certainly isn't what was advertised. Meaning, it was on promotional materials that you would get 3 months of FSD. Nope - you are getting 3 months of EAP and stop signs/lights.
As far as free - well it was promised. It is like saying we get $500 off - but oops you don't get it. Are you suggesting we would not be able to complain about that?
I am not really upset - just making the argument.

It isn't useless but it certainly isn't what was advertised. Meaning, it was on promotional materials that you would get 3 months of FSD. Nope - you are getting 3 months of EAP and stop signs/lights.
As far as free - well it was promised. It is like saying we get $500 off - but oops you don't get it. Are you suggesting we would not be able to complain about that?
I am not really upset - just making the argument.
It’s exactly what was advertised.

You get a 3 month trial of “Full Self-Driving Capability”. See picture below for what that includes.

IMG_4034.jpeg

It does not say you get a 3 month trial of FSD beta specifically which is called “Autosteer on city streets” and is listed as coming soon, not a current feature.

Yes I know it’s confusing and yes I know people conflate/equate FSD Capability with FSD beta. But they are not the same.

You get a 3 month trial of “Full Self-Driving Capability”. See picture below for what that includes.

View attachment 964369

It does not say you get a 3 month trial of FSD beta specifically which is called “Autosteer on city streets” and is listed as coming soon, not a current feature.

Yes I know it’s confusing and yes I know people conflate/equate FSD Capability with FSD beta. But they are not the same.
Yes but you don’t get all of the features with EAP. You don’t get summon, smart summon, auto park…

View attachment 964369

I think the issue is with the “all functionality of…enhanced autopilot.”

HW4 cars are not capable of summon or smart summon so basically the “free trial of FSD” gets you automatic lane changes.

I think the issue is with the “all functionality of…enhanced autopilot.”

HW4 cars are not capable of summon or smart summon so basically the “free trial of FSD” gets you automatic lane changes.
Yes but this is not a HW4 specific issue. HW3 cars without USS also don't have summon or smart summon AFAIK :(

When I order my MY I had to sign an agreement stating that these features are temporarily unavailable.

Reactions: E90alex
Yes but this is not a HW4 specific issue. HW3 cars without USS also don't have summon or smart summon AFAIK :(

When I order my MY I had to sign an agreement stating that these features are temporarily unavailable.
Right right, I should have known. I just moved from HW3/USS to HW4/vision and forgot that there was an intermediate step.

Never change, Tesla. Never change.

Reactions: Bobby Erickson
Weird that people are defending Tesla here. They advertised something they're not providing, period. Doesn't matter if "you don't understand" or "it's not FSD Beta". FSD is FSD. Trying to slap a beta in there to segment it out is stupid and ya'll know better than that.
It is not defending Tesla here. The free stuff promotion does not align with the software development cycle, which happens to be not aligned (as of today, but it will be soon) with HW4 cars, and that is not Tesla's fault. Also, FSD Beta is NOT "FSD capability" that Tesla sells. FSD Beta is a beta testing program that people can opt in or out.
HW4 cars will get the FSD capability once the software update aligns with it.

Well, that explains it. I had no idea that they didn't have a build for HW4 cars. I picked up mine last weekend and wondered why I couldn't enable it even though I have the most current FSD build.
Question - you picked up a new HW4 car (Model X or S I suppose) and FSD doesn't work, right? Did you purchase the FSD module when you got the car? Im curious, I picked up my 2023 Model X with HW4 in mid June, I got EAP with it, but didn't spend the extra $9000 to get FSD - wanted to try it out... I ordered a subscription for FSD ($99/month) but nothing happened, for 2 months (other than I paid my monthly fee). I saw in Reddit that someone said FSD works for HW4, but NOT FSD beta. I can't find clarification. Im wondering if you paid the full upfront fee for FSD for a HW4 car, and dont have FSD now? I'm sure it will come in a couple more months but... i get impatient. Im very pleased with EAP, want to try out the FSD also.

Question - you picked up a new HW4 car (Model X or S I suppose) and FSD doesn't work, right? Did you purchase the FSD module when you got the car? Im curious, I picked up my 2023 Model X with HW4 in mid June, I got EAP with it, but didn't spend the extra $9000 to get FSD - wanted to try it out... I ordered a subscription for FSD ($99/month) but nothing happened, for 2 months (other than I paid my monthly fee). I saw in Reddit that someone said FSD works for HW4, but NOT FSD beta. I can't find clarification. Im wondering if you paid the full upfront fee for FSD for a HW4 car, and dont have FSD now? I'm sure it will come in a couple more months but... i get impatient. Im very pleased with EAP, want to try out the FSD also.
You do get FSD (which is with traffic light / stop sign control), but not FSD beta yet

HW4 cars can't have FSD beta even if you paid full upfront fee, because software is not compatible