Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard when Weather Tech will have M3 liners available? I'm not sure that the Maxspider is really going to be able to handle the nasty Chicago winter...

I've had Maxpider mats for past year and while this past winter was somewhat mild, they performed quite well perhaps even more so than the WeatherTechs I've had in the prior 3 vehicles I owned. I think the lip and coverage, especially in front of driver footwell, is higher and more sturdy on the Maxpider.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
Amazon is the Walmart of the internet. I try to order from anyone but Amazon. Smaller vendors are my preference.

We ended up getting our Model 3 set from Parts Catalog. Luckily when I went looking they were in stock so not a long wait. Sometimes the wait for the mats can seem like the wait on the car! Having had them in our Model S it was the only mat I wanted for our Model 3 however.

Reactions: gene
Hello all. I’m looking for some winter weather mats for my (as yet to be delivered) Model 3 and think I’m down to the Maxpider or the Evannex. Based on some video reviews the biggest drawbacks associated with the Maxpiders seem to be the weird scratchy noise they make, and the slight bulge in the center of the rear mat (that may or may not go away with time). Any opinions on either of these issues from those of you who are using the mats in your car?

I saw that video too. However, mine don’t make any noise, and the back mat fits fine.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Um, Amazon is all small sellers now though. It's 99% of the reason Amazon sucks so badly now, anyone can sell under the Amazon banner and the market has been flooded much like Ebay was in the early aughts.

The difference is that eBay was flooded with Chinese drop-shopping items. They will soon moving towards a Product-based shopping experience like Amazon. On Amazon, it's easy to find the lowest price and then purchase from a seller with good ratings. Any product with a lot of good reviews will generally be ok with any seller on Amazon (and price is the main differentiation) unless it is obviously a rebranded Aliexpress product with fake reviews.

The difference is that eBay was flooded with Chinese drop-shopping items. They will soon moving towards a Product-based shopping experience like Amazon. On Amazon, it's easy to find the lowest price and then purchase from a seller with good ratings. Any product with a lot of good reviews will generally be ok with any seller on Amazon (and price is the main differentiation) unless it is obviously a rebranded Aliexpress product with fake reviews.

One of the things I don’t like about Amazon is that you have no idea where the seller is located. Ordered once or twice and ended up finding out the seller was in China. Not indicated anywhere in the description.

Love my Maxpider Kagu mats - had them since July on Model 3. Fit very well and the texture looks great, especially when the under-dash lights are on. The mats look integrated with the car and don't stand out as some kind of add-on.

I clipped the over-sized metal logos off and filled the tiny holes from the back with Permatex black silicone sealer. There is still a recess (indent) from the compression of the logo, but I don't notice it and none of my passengers have noticed.

Could you please post pictures of how this looks? I’m thinking about doing this to mine too.

Stock frunk mat direct from Tesla Shop cost $70 I bought direct from Tesla the frunk and trunk mats made by WeatherTech. They scrape up a little easy but are decent for $200 total. Cheaper through Tesla for OEM (Tesla logo/badging) than any other aftermarket vendor sells them for.