Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 Month Wait, not normal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have a higher chance of getting the rumored interior refresh.

This is exactly why I'm waiting to order a Model X - I believe there will be a Model S/X refresh sometime very soon.

Back in February, we saw a sudden jump from March to June on deliveries of Model X.
My guess is the refresh is the reason for this quantum gap in deliveries.

(I was actually hoping for the refresh announcement today as part of the overall production update, but obviously didn't happen.)

This is a big enough purchase and I'm going to have it for long enough that I don't want to order right before the big refresh...

Cheers!

As far as refresh, they already did the MCU refresh which was a big deal. They have bigger fish to fry than bother about Model X/S interior refresh which is perfectly fine. Main complain was the tech compared to Model 3 which they took care of with MCU refresh.
Just my 2 cents.

I ordered on Feb 14th, one or two days after Model X deliveries slipped to June. But since I ordered just when it happened I got lucky and my Model X delivered couple of weeks back even though my estimated initial delivery said June. I kind of knew it was March when I got a VIN assigned immediately after my order confirmed on Feb 17th.
You should have known that your delivery was June when you placed the order itself, was it a surprise when your DS told you this? As others have mentioned looks like Tesla does most of their custom order deliveries end of quarter, sure there are exceptions with few orders delivering in the middle for whatever reason. But since this quarter deliveries are almost over, unfortunately next wave of big US deliveries are June. And if you are in west coast you are looking at delivery towards almost end of June since west coast deliveries are the last.

Congratulations on the new MX! Yeah, I'm not complaining or surprised. It's been June since we ordered. My only observation was this looks to be the longest wait for batch delivery. So when the SC tells me, "Oh that's a normal wait", it's not. No biggie just wanted to check my version of reality wasn't as far off as theirs. It's encouraging to see demand that high. Leaves egg on the face of the big auto makers who's rational is the EV is not a viable option because there's such low demand.

Reactions: cartech
I'm in the same boat. Ordered in Mid-March and was told June delivery. I'm in no rush, so long as i get the full fed tax credit then i'm good.
Happy that i'll be sure getting the MCU2 put in for sure. Is there a rumored interior refresh happening soon?

I'm in the same boat. Ordered in Mid-March and was told June delivery. I'm in no rush, so long as i get the full fed tax credit then i'm good.
Happy that i'll be sure getting the MCU2 put in for sure. Is there a rumored interior refresh happening soon?

If I had to bet no there is no interior refresh happening. They already refreshed the MCU which is a huge deal. They have their hands full with Model 3 and S/X are taken care with MCU refresh for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: kingjamez
If I had to bet no there is no interior refresh happening. They already refreshed the MCU which is a huge deal. They have their hands full with Model 3 and S/X are taken care with MCU refresh for the foreseeable future.
Plus it's clear that they are production limited right now on S and X so there is no need for a "demand lever" of refreshing the interior of either car.
-Jim

Reactions: cartech