Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40 kWh Delivery Timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping to get a delivery button this week!

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like TSLA should bang out all the software limited 60's (aka 40's) in a week, week.5. C'mon already! People who have ordered the 60's have been getting them within 2 months. Are they still testing the software?

I upgraded my 40 to the 60 this past weekend. Did not make any difference in my delivery timing. They said it would be (probably) first week of June. So I am not sure if the delay in the 40s has to do with testing the software, otherwise they should have been able to get my 60 sooner.

Not that I'm counting, but I think the first EOL date of 5/6 means we'll see the first 40 delivery in about 3-4 weeks. The end of saying "months" is upon us :)

To the lucky person who gets the first Delivery Button and/or VIN, please keep us posted.

I'm currently working with my DS on the final MVPA with an EOL date of 5/27. No VIN yet.

New cars coming off the line now have a little badge on the lower right for "85" or "60". I wonder if yours will have a "40"?

(Pic stolen from the 60 thread)

Congratulations @jomo25. It's all becoming real for you, though not a day sooner.

Here's the picture of the car with the "60" badge on it

i-zVG6kMj-X2.jpg

Did you get an email that the delivery button was available, or have you just kept checking?

She sent me an e-mail titled "Your Tesla is almost ready to come home!" at the same time that she activated the delivery button (athough I believe that these are two distinct steps on their end). This e-mail directed me to visit the My Tesla page and fill-out the delivery questionnaire there. It also discusses other steps to take: scan of driver's license, proof of insurance, financing, etc.

If I didn't call, I am pretty sure it would not have happened today.