Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 battery install Lake of the Pines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a picture of the 5 30 amp battery disconnects. The two 60 amp inverter disconnects will be placed at the end of the PW's based on how the cable is running.

Attachments

• disconnect.jpg
    disconnect.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 152
Huh. Is it a CA thing to have a separate blade disconnects for each Powerwall? We have only one for our three Powerwalls here in MA.
the extent of them seem to be a county requirement in some areas .. the ridiculousness of some of them has become the butt of jokes on some threads
my specific CA county system completed Dec 2020 required only one giant blade disconnect outside for whole system (individual breakers inside garage in TEG were apparently adequate for each powerwall)

Last edited:
the extent of them seem to be a county requirement in some areas .. the ridiculousness of some of them has become the butt of jokes on some threads
my specific CA county system completed Dec 2020 required only one giant blade disconnect outside for whole system (individual breakers inside garage in TEG were apparently adequate for each powerwall)

Seems to be very county specific, at least right now here in CA. I also only have 1 blade disconnect, but I also only have 2 powerwalls. Perhaps the requirements change with 3 or more here? I dont know but may find out at some point as I might add another one at some point.

Was just able to log into the first TEG I hard wired. Fun about to begin. Will see if they can finish today. They worked 11 hours tuesday, and 12 hours yesterday. Solar panel guys are here to put in new inverter and change things around. BUSY!!

Well, they are done for a first pass. Batteries working. Now need to learn how to use. See if anything is impacted.

Attachments

• b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 101
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 100
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 105
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 97
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 95
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 122
Not sure what all the next steps are to be done such that my SGIP rebate can be filed. What are other experiences? Clearly I need a final inspection from my county. But after that, no idea how SGIP or PGE are involved.

The poster here with the most experience with your scenario is @RKCRLR . You could try PM ing them and checking what their process with that specific situation was. Like you, they filed under equity and resiliency, and have been installed for a while so might have more feedback for you directly.

For me, Tesla did everything. The only thing I could do was try to push them.
You need PG&E PTO before you can file as I remember. And you need to be on a EV rate plan before they will authorize the incentive. It was never clear to me who was responsible for switching rate plans (I filled out a form authorizing Tesla to do it but nothing happened) so I changed the rate plan myself.

For me, Tesla did everything. The only thing I could do was try to push them.
You need PG&E PTO before you can file as I remember. And you need to be on a EV rate plan before they will authorize the incentive. It was never clear to me who was responsible for switching rate plans (I filled out a form authorizing Tesla to do it but nothing happened) so I changed the rate plan myself.
Interesting. I guess the next step is to get a county final approval.

My installer has been great about filing paperwork. Did anyone ever come out and do an inspection from PGE or SGIP?
So you had to change the rate plan? Why if no one did? And what form or person said you had to change before they would authorize incentive?
Details :(

I just kicked my batteries to self powered 20%. Will see if I can get off grid with my setup? I am going to looking into some more solar for my 3 battery heating system inverter, since clearly that is where my main usage is. And since the gateways seem to not to be able to share solar between them, if I want to try and just make the battery use simple, I need enough solar to try and charge them to greater than usage.

The performance tab on the app is great, since it shows me directly how my solar production compares to my usage. And my house side, I look good. Heating cooling side would need some more. Heck, one only lives once. If I am this close to getting off grid most of the time, might just go for it. :(

Reactions: pilotSteve