Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. So probably 265/0.91 = 291 or so. Below 294 in any case. I guess I’d say 265/0.905, so 292 or 293, 😂.

Just fricken give a percentage read
We all know percentage is mostly useless (though a good mode to operate with in general).

Certainly not useful for this discussion anyway (we just need to know what it is).

I’ve heard a 123kWh battery rumor (no idea if true of course), so that would put it at 420Wh/mi - yikes. Hopefully that ~293 rated miles is with 20” all-terrains and the not-so-aero covers.

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of driving energy-guzzling full sized trucks.
2.5 mi / kWh or 400 Wh/mi is the ballpark you can expect for a vehicle this size.
I’m not surprised at all, especially if this is with all-terrains. It’s long been thought that a 180kWh battery would be needed to approach 500-mile range.

Hopefully it’s with ATs. Anyway, I expected this truck to be similar to Rivian’s best efficiency when optimally equipped. Currently looks like it’ll come in a bit higher. We’ll see. Hopefully will be below 400Wh/mi.

(AFAIK going from 21” street tires to 20” ATs on Rivian takes it from 352 miles to 307 miles on the Dual Motor R1T. So 384Wh/mi to 440Wh/mi. So if the CT 293 is with AT tires then that’s actually pretty good. It could mean 330-340 miles with street tires. We’ll see!)

IMG_9667.jpeg
IMG_9666.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HitchHiker71
Welcome to the world of driving energy-guzzling full sized trucks.
2.5 mi / kWh or 400 Wh/mi is the ballpark you can expect for a vehicle this size.
2.5 miles per kWh is good, right now my gas FJ conversion to kWh gets 0.4 mi/kWh = 13.482 MPG with super unleaded. So once I put the 38's, rooftop tent and everything else on the CT doing 80 MPH , if I get 1.2 miles per kWh, I will at least triple my MPG's to 40ish MPGe worst case, which would be amazing, just have to charge frequently. Doesn't cost anything with solar, so it won't really matter. I hope they come out with a 200 kWh battery, so I can go at least 240 miles like my FJ. Except I won't have to pay $70 to fill up every week.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Rumor is they sandbagged the pricing too. ;) The new Inflation "Reduction" Act pricing: :mad:

$39,990 is now $51,999 for Single motor delivered when the Roadster 2.0 is delivered (estimated 2030)
$49,990 is now $61,999 for Dual motor delivers in 2025
$69,990 is now $89,999 for Triple motor and only triples will be delivered for the first year. (estimated to deliver 15,000 as they ramp up in 2024)

I actually believe they will push the dual and not the triple in order to have a sufficient battery supply for deliveries.

Last edited:
Rumor is they sandbagged the pricing too. ;) The new Inflation "Reduction" Act pricing: :mad:

$39,990 is now $51,999 for Single motor delivered when the Roadster 2.0 is delivered (estimated 2030)
$49,990 is now $61,999 for Dual motor delivers in 2025
$69,990 is now $89,999 for Triple motor and only triples will be delivered for the first year. (estimated to deliver 15,000 as they ramp up in 2024)

I actually believe they will push the dual and not the triple in order to have a sufficient battery supply for deliveries.
Even their initial pricing NEVER made sense… when they showed the prototype and declared a full size AWD truck would be priced like a Model 3 AWD …. I mean… cmon. No need to drag politics into this. Car / truck prices jumped during covid and are now coming back down and fast…

Even their initial pricing NEVER made sense… when they showed the prototype and declared a full size AWD truck would be priced like a Model 3 AWD …. I mean… cmon. No need to drag politics into this. Car / truck prices jumped during covid and are now coming back down and fast…
Reduction in spending power due to higher interest rates and inflation will impact deliveries, I actually expect to see my truck sooner due to massive cancellations. It's not political, it's stupidity.

Reduction in spending power due to higher interest rates and inflation will impact deliveries, I actually expect to see my truck sooner due to massive cancellations.
Oh for sure. If folks reserved with $100 fully refundable a $40k truck and are now being offered a $70k truck… lol…. Yeah…. They ain’t financing the extra $30k at 6%+. Lots will cancel. Hence the 1 million units reserved !!! Talk is funny ;)

Oh for sure. If folks reserved with $100 fully refundable a $40k truck and are now being offered a $70k truck… lol…. Yeah…. They ain’t financing the extra $30k at 6%+. Lots will cancel. Hence the 1 million units reserved !!! Talk is funny ;)
I had two CT's on order and I already cancelled one and got a X instead, which is bargain compared to a year ago. And yes talk is cheap, I enjoy this tongue in cheek dialog!

The first pic is clearly a fake.

But it was always going to be exoskeleton over unibody, we knew that from the beginning. The stainless steel exoskeleton is there to add strength to the unibody. Without it, the truck won't be able to do truck things. Traditional trucks have a ladder frame for strength. The Cybertruck doesn't have a ladder frame, just a structural pack, so it takes both the unibody and exoskeleton to give it the strength it needs to do truck things.
There are and have been many unibody trucks that have done “truck things” back to the 1980’s.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
There are and have been many unibody trucks that have done “truck things” back to the 1980’s.

That's true, but all that flexing introduces other issues and limits towing capability and even has caveats that a weight distributing hitch should never ever be used. There is a reason why Ford abandoned this design in the 60's. https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/unibody-pickup-trucks

Name one gas or diesel unibody pickup truck that can tow 11,000 lbs.

230084-frame-chassis-problem-crack-fender-well.html

anyone-else-have-cracks-like-this.444145

anyone-have-creaking-body-flex-noise-in-their-2nd-gen-ridgeline.223606

do-you-have-inner-fender-bulges-cracking.37556

b-pillar-vertical-cracking.21218

Last edited:
Reactions: FLRifleman