Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla owns overall customer loyalty in the industry, taking 40% of the categories
Amazing, Ford/Stellantis/Toyota are no where on the list
1712180143199.png

Reactions: SO16 and STUtoday
The Ford 150 Lightning frunk is huge...
View attachment 1035380

But that looks like bad design to me.....surely they could have used that space better and moved the cab forward...this would have given a better driver position and allowed for either a larger cab or a longer bed
How is their best selling point a bad design? It's their best feature. They have the biggest cab out of the Rivian, CT, F150 group, more usable bed square feet as the CT, and many say it has better visibility than the CT. The biggest reason for it was that it was a lower effort/cost design choice

You’re right, Tesla’s are perfect …

I’ll say it before you do…. “Paid Shills”

🤣🤣🤣
So sad that Consumer Reports was such a good idea in the beginning and produced useful unbiased evaluations of products of all kinds and deserved the great reputation it had. The love of money being the root of all evil seems to be the inevitable destiny of all non-profits?

So sad that Consumer Reports was such a good idea in the beginning and produced useful unbiased evaluations of products of all kinds and deserved the great reputation it had. The love of money being the root of all evil seems to be the inevitable destiny of all non-profits?

"Oh no, this publication was good until they said mean things about the company I like. Therefore, I now declare them evil."

The Ford 150 Lightning frunk is huge...
View attachment 1035380

But that looks like bad design to me.....surely they could have used that space better and moved the cab forward...this would have given a better driver position and allowed for either a larger cab or a longer bed

Why? In terms of practicality that frunk is great! Definitely more useful overall than a slightly bigger cab or bed.

For example, we ride dirtbikes. Our bikes go in the bed and our gear goes under the seat inside the truck, but there isn't that much room, so our gear ends up either strapped down in the bed or on the floor/seat between people. That frunk would be perfect for our gear, snacks, water, tools.

what would CR say about the BYD Dolphin?
TG statement
1712248193418.png

TG says, its ok, CR would probably go farther and say its junk
CR is a bit out of date on what they review in vehicles, its not about legacy, its about current EV designs, software, hardware, phone app, charging, regen, etc

give us a $ number, curious in these days of $100K CT and $94K SEV
I found a 2022 extend range Platinum Lightning with 4500 miles for $65K is that a good deal? Also found an extended range Lariat Lightning 2023 with 5500 miles for $63K and a CPO 2022 Platinum for $56k with 3K miles... that one is the cheapest Platinum I could find. With $4K tax incentive it's getting close to my target price of $50K. I might pay that for a Ford with 300 miles of range.

Last edited:
I found a 2022 extend range Platinum Lightning with 4500 miles for $65K is that a good deal? Also found an extended range Lariat Lightning 2023 with 5500 miles for $63K and a CPO 2022 Platinum for $56k with 3K miles... that one is the cheapest Platinum I could find. With $4K tax incentive it's getting close to my target price of $50K. I might pay that for a Ford with 300 miles of range.
That 2022 Platinum has an almost 30k deprecation in 2 years. You might be able to get them to come down little more on the price.

Last edited:
That 2022 Platinum has an almost 30k deprecation in 2 years. You might be able to get them to come down little more on the price.
fire sale
Ford just announced pushing back on EV vehicle plans, they are clearly back on their heals
we dont want the worst for USA manufactures, but as Elon and everyone has stated, 2024 will be a challenging year
great that Tesla is taking 2024 time with increased advertising, M2 dev activity behind the scenes, cybertruck prod ramping, Mex slowly starting and now India
feel the plan is for big activity of increased market share in 2025 and hopefully this hybrid fixation will be cured with the arrival of a cheap M2, refreshed MY, CT prod full swing, SFSD v15 globally...
the future looks bright