Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am moving from a Mercedes GL450 to a Tesla Model X 60D... My biggest fear is the fact that I only drove the 90D in my test drive, and I dont know how to reconcile in my head the lesser horsepower/acceleration/pickup of the 60D version. I only commute ~20 miles a day so the 60D is perfect for me, but I was very very tempted to get the 90D for the acceleration.

Folks who have already taken delivery of the 60D, can you let me know what you guys thought from an acceleration standpoint for this car? Do you feel like it's got enough zoom to win that occasional race with the car next to you when taking off from a stop light, or changing lanes on the expressway?

We have a 2016 GL450 and the driving experience is far better on X60D.

I am moving from a Mercedes GL450 to a Tesla Model X 60D... My biggest fear is the fact that I only drove the 90D in my test drive, and I dont know how to reconcile in my head the lesser horsepower/acceleration/pickup of the 60D version. I only commute ~20 miles a day so the 60D is perfect for me, but I was very very tempted to get the 90D for the acceleration.

Folks who have already taken delivery of the 60D, can you let me know what you guys thought from an acceleration standpoint for this car? Do you feel like it's got enough zoom to win that occasional race with the car next to you when taking off from a stop light, or changing lanes on the expressway?

I too was tempted to upgrade from 60D to 90D than I read this review.

2016 Tesla Model X 75D First Test Review - Motor Trend

Essentially 90% the fun of a P90D but $40k cheaper. Also 0-60 timed at 5.5 seconds with 14 second 1/4. Not ultra fast but its no slow coach either.

I'm sticking with 60D :).

We did not change anything, I went back and verified my dates and I am a little off:
Delivery ASAP
Ordered on the 8/18
Confirmed on 8/26 - well midnight of the 25th
Into Production on the 1st.
Delivery date 9/21 - 9/23
That is extremly fast i ordered August 9th confirmed confirmed August 16th and mines said itll be delivered late November early December. Not a word on production yet...

Has anyone figured out the logic of the delivery dates? I placed my order on 8/13, confirmed on 8/20, VIN on 8/22...nothing since then. I'm excited for the people who confirmed later than me and already have production emails and delivery dates...but am wondering how priority is determined. Mine is 60D, black, tan leather seats, AP, premium upgrade, figured ash wood, standard wheels, VIN 18xxx. DS told me a few times to expect mid/late Sept...but I'm starting to doubt even the late Sept time frame. Just curious to understand how timeline is calculated...can't wait to get it!

...and build completed today (9/15/16)!

Ordered 8/30
Confirmed 9/7 (VIN 203XX)
Into production 9/14

60D Black exterior, 20" wheels, white seats, black headliner, 7 seat, autopilot, accessory hitch

Based on what I am seeing in this thread + the September deliveries thread (and the level of confidence projected by the DS on delivery later this month/early Oct as I placed the order) Tesla is definitely cranking these out. Buying Tesla shares might be a way to "earn a discount" ;)

Oddly enough, I just checked the My Tesla page and it says my car is in production! Didn't receive an email...that's the odd part. From everything I've read on this forum, it seems like most people get emails and their My Tesla page doesn't update...mine is opposite.

Oddly enough, I just checked the My Tesla page and it says my car is in production! Didn't receive an email...that's the odd part. From everything I've read on this forum, it seems like most people get emails and their My Tesla page doesn't update...mine is opposite.
When did you order your car? Ours is supposed to go into production very soon!

I am showing the same, with no emails like others. I originally thought orders placed after certain dates get the production emails but you placed in late August.

The good news for you is that you will very likely get it this month. Ask your DS for status and probably schedule delivery.