Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60k miles, heat pump failure 2020 MYP - Tesla wants $4500

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m going to jump on this thread with my MYP heat pump issues.

The first replacement of the AC compressor was at 3,000 miles along with the rear drive unit due to isolation faults.

Second replacement of the AC compressor and super manifold was at 22,000 miles due to a climate control system fault.

Third replacement of the compressor, super manifold, and AC lines was at 50,000 miles due to defective software destroying the system. Tesla replaced under warranty.

The car is now at 62,000 miles and is not cooling, and displaying climate fault again. Service scheduled for Friday..

Good thing I bought a third party extended warranty…

Wow that's crazy. I have a friend with a 2020 MY LR and she has over 40K on it with no issues whatsoever. Except for a pillar camera which had to be replaced due to a bad seal I think. I wonder what is causing your compressors to keep failing like that?

So small update but not really, spoke with the manager and of course they said no to the recalls regarding the heat pump because my VIN does not match up with the recalls.

I explain to him I had previously reported the issue but because it was not replicable, nothing was done.

No error...no repair...🤦

Since I need the car back ASAP I have told them to go forward with the repair but I'm still waiting on the email back from the upper management. Even if they cover half I will be happy

I’m going to jump on this thread with my MYP heat pump issues.

The first replacement of the AC compressor was at 3,000 miles along with the rear drive unit due to isolation faults.

Second replacement of the AC compressor and super manifold was at 22,000 miles due to a climate control system fault.

Third replacement of the compressor, super manifold, and AC lines was at 50,000 miles due to defective software destroying the system. Tesla replaced under warranty.

The car is now at 62,000 miles and is not cooling, and displaying climate fault again. Service scheduled for Friday..

Good thing I bought a third party extended warranty…

Tell us more about your warranty please.

👀

From my perspective any $4.8K repair on an $80K/ 2 year old car w/ quite low mileage is beyond unacceptable. I know these things happen to fancy European luxury cars, which is exactly why I avoid them.

Sorry to see this.
Not correct. Any car regardless of price, which is out of warranty costs money to repair. Nothing special or unacceptable about it.

Update on my HVAC issue. The line from the compressor to the super manifold sprung a leak.

When the compressor was replaced 12K miles ago, they replaced the line from the super manifold to the HVAC. So this was the original, and not covered under parts warranty.

Luckily I have Xcare and they took care of the $840 repair minus the $100 deductible.

I'm just glad it wasn't a forth compressor,,, that would be ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Reactions: byeLT4
Update on my HVAC issue. The line from the compressor to the super manifold sprung a leak.

When the compressor was replaced 12K miles ago, they replaced the line from the super manifold to the HVAC. So this was the original, and not covered under parts warranty.

Luckily I have Xcare and they took care of the $840 repair minus the $100 deductible.

I'm just glad it wasn't a forth compressor,,, that would be ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Ill.be getting that soon, what did you pay and for how long?

Cars out of warranty… you are responsible for any repairs once you are 1 mile or 1 day past the expiration. This is what all other car manufacturers agree to also… why would anyone reasonably expect Tesla to extend the warranty ?