Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bunch of 7 seater demo vehicles popped up on the website for sale today
I saw this yesterday. I checked in the morning and nothing was there and by afternoon there were a bunch. There was actually the demo vehicle that my wife and I loved in SLC so we quickly ordered that one and I got a call back within an hour saying delivery would be within a week.

The white/white we ordered on 2/16/21 still doesn’t have dates or a vin.

OK, so how is this different? Model 3 and Y headlights have not turned into curves before, so I assumed that was the change now. If not, what’s the difference?

The microLEDs allow your brights to remain on, but the lights be cut down in the field of specific on-coming traffic. It's much more advanced than just having the lights turn with you around a corner.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I saw this yesterday. I checked in the morning and nothing was there and by afternoon there were a bunch. There was actually the demo vehicle that my wife and I loved in SLC so we quickly ordered that one and I got a call back within an hour saying delivery would be within a week.

Did the demo car have the updated center console and heated steering wheel? I am seeing a demo one which has the same exact config of my order and considering getting that one. Is it easy to switch to the demo? Do you lose the $100 deposit?

A quick Colorado update. I have no VIN but I'm expecting one any day (just because I'm optimistic, not because I can see the future).
  • I asked how long it would be between receiving a VIN and delivery and was told ...
    • It's been shared before but it was also conveyed to me that ~100 MY's (guessing a mix of 5's and 7's) are making their way to Colorado this week with another ~200 next week.
    • Once I receive a VIN the vehicle will take ~2 days via rail car to travel to Colorado.
    • ~1 day to offload and deliver to the service center
    • ~ 1 day to detail
    • In all she expected that once I receive the VIN it would be 4-5 days before I could pick up.
Also, I really have no idea when I'll receive my VIN but based on my order date of 1/23 and the fact that we can expect ~300 MY's in Colorado over the next 10 days I feel fairly confident that I'll be a happy camper before the end of the month.

Did the demo car have the updated center console and heated steering wheel? I am seeing a demo one which has the same exact config of my order and considering getting that one. Is it easy to switch to the demo? Do you lose the $100 deposit?
It has the old console. I liked the newer one but my wife prefers the old. It isn't a deal breaker for me though. It does have the heated steering wheel though and laminated glass.
I was told I'd lose the $100, which sucks but it does say non-refundable. Wish I could have transferred it though. Interestingly my brother had an order for a refreshed S and got tired of waiting so he got an inventory S and when he cancelled the first order they refunded the $100. Switching to the demo though was the same process as ordering any other Tesla online. Just got notification for pickup on Thursday, so 3 days from order to pickup. Pretty stoked about this!

A quick Colorado update. I have no VIN but I'm expecting one any day (just because I'm optimistic, not because I can see the future).
  • I asked how long it would be between receiving a VIN and delivery and was told ...
    • It's been shared before but it was also conveyed to me that ~100 MY's (guessing a mix of 5's and 7's) are making their way to Colorado this week with another ~200 next week.
    • Once I receive a VIN the vehicle will take ~2 days via rail car to travel to Colorado.
    • ~ 1 day to detail
    • In all she expected that once I receive the VIN it would be 4-5 days before I could pick up.
Also, I really have no idea when I'll receive my VIN but based on my order date of 1/23 and the fact that we can expect ~300 MY's in Colorado over the next 10 days I feel fairly confident that I'll be a happy camper before the end of the month.
That's great to hear! Supposedly mine is in one of those batches, I haven't gotten any updates after the VIN number though. I'm guessing it will be a bit later because of the snow-pocalypse. Any big trips once it arrives??? We're thinking Breck or something for a weekend.

• ~ 1 day to detail
Hmm. Received our VIN 3/12 and pick up isn’t until 3/26. They said it would be in CO on 3/24 but we scheduled just a little later due to work schedules. Wish it was faster, would love to see it this weekend.

I was starting to suspect it would be at the very end of March, so this is a pleasant surprise. Good luck getting yours! The next steps were pretty quick and painless. Notification via email pointed me to the website to double check the financing and make the down payment via ACH transfer. Squared away my insurance, and now I think I just show up at the designated time, which is 3/18 at 12:01 AM, according to my reservation page.
My delivery appointment also shows 12:01AM on 3/18. Does that mean we can show up at any time on 3/18? Trying to get clarification from my SA but haven't received a response yet.

• ~ 1 day to detail
I received a VIN last week and was just was notified today that my car is being shipped to the Littleton delivery center. I scheduled for 3/23 but was offered as yearly as 3/22.

LR AWD/White/black/20 in wheels/ no tow hitch/7 seats/ FSD. VIN 142xxx

Nice

What VIN range is the demo's VIN, do you know? Demos might be a nice option in case someone has to reject a delivery as every demo Y I've seen in person have had very good build quality / been fixed before they go into service

That's great to hear! Supposedly mine is in one of those batches, I haven't gotten any updates after the VIN number though. I'm guessing it will be a bit later because of the snow-pocalypse. Any big trips once it arrives??? We're thinking Breck or something for a weekend.

Mostly back and forth between school and sports practices for now. We need to get something on the books, though. Nothing like driving an EV up and down I-70. My old Chevy Bolt could slay those hills and the regen downhill was great. I can only imagine how much better the ride will be in our new MY7's. ;)

I received a VIN last week and was just was notified today that my car is being shipped to the Littleton delivery center. I scheduled for 3/23 but was offered as yearly as 3/22.

LR AWD/White/black/20 in wheels/ no tow hitch/7 seats/ FSD. VIN 142xxx
That's wild. I just called Tesla (again) and the service rep was good. At least he was honest enough to say that he has no idea why I haven't received a VIN but I'm ready for a match. It just depends on the configuration, etc., which, in the two years he's been with Tesla has seen no pattern with why some colors/configurations are assigned VINs before others. He said it's seemingly random.

That said, he did say that in his two years with Tesla he's never seen inventory not delivered during an end of quarter push for people who ordered in the first month of the quarter.

Patience ...

Nice

What VIN range is the demo's VIN, do you know? Demos might be a nice option in case someone has to reject a delivery as every demo Y I've seen in person have had very good build quality / been fixed before they go into service

Portland has a demo car that matches my request config. Since I am waiting for my vin, I asked if that demo car could be assigned to me. The agent advised against it because of potential build quality problems.