Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t been on here much lately, but I’m still in TBD land. It’s been a little over 3 weeks by now. Still suspect it’s because of Carrier Direct, but I might call Tesla today to see if they have any more insight. Last time I called the person said it usually updates in 2-3 weeks so here we are.
I’m pretty confident you’re right, I had TBD right up until I got a VIN twice (rejected a 2021 vin in December and went on hold). I added Carrier Direct in Nov and it changed the EDD to that eternal TBD. I texted my SA asking if they might know approx when it would arrive at the delivery center and they said early to mid Feb, which was fairly accurate.

I’m pretty confident you’re right, I had TBD right up until I got a VIN twice (rejected a 2021 vin in December and went on hold). I added Carrier Direct in Nov and it changed the EDD to that eternal TBD. I texted my SA asking if they might know approx when it would arrive at the delivery center and they said early to mid Feb, which was fairly accurate.
Yeah, my SA hasn’t been able to give me any info on that. Tesla guy asked what the date was and said it would likely show up during that range. If it weren’t for your experience I’d be much more worried! At this point I’m just trying to get more info out of them, which hasn’t been very successful. Prior window opens in about 2.5 weeks, so we’ll see what happens.

Yeah, my SA hasn’t been able to give me any info on that. Tesla guy asked what the date was and said it would likely show up during that range. If it weren’t for your experience I’d be much more worried! At this point I’m just trying to get more info out of them, which hasn’t been very successful. Prior window opens in about 2.5 weeks, so we’ll see what happens.
Sorry to hear they’re not able to supply more info… I’m very familiar with how annoying the complete unknown is. I had about 10 different EDDs prior to adding Carrier Direct, it was a roller coaster of emotion but still preferable to the generic TBD. Good luck!

Reactions: RocY
Sorry to hear they’re not able to supply more info… I’m very familiar with how annoying the complete unknown is. I had about 10 different EDDs prior to adding Carrier Direct, it was a roller coaster of emotion but still preferable to the generic TBD. Good luck!
Thanks! Any ETA on your car yet? I’ll be curious to hear how long it is between VIN and it showing up in your driveway.

Nevermind, just saw your post in the September thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: BTVev
Back to a 14 day window. Feb 19-Mar 5

Yours moving 6 days prior to the previous EDD (and narrowing) might be good.... my last 23 EDD changed/delays (ok, maybe just the last 7) happen 1, 2, or 3 days into the EDD before the can is kicked down the road again. I'm currently sitting on a 30 day window that starts tomorrow.... Feb 5 - Mar 5. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: arctangent
OD: Sept 18
Colour Change: Oct 1
Initial EDD: Jan 23 to Feb 20
EDD changed to Feb 12 to Mar 12 on Nov 28 2021
EDD changed to Jan 22 to Feb 19 on Jan 1 2022
EDD changed to June on Jan 10 2022
EDD changed to Feb 6 to Mar 6 on Jan 11 2022
EDD changed to TBD on Jan 20 2022

EDD changed to Feb 6 to Mar 6 on Jan 20 2022

Config: MYLR white/white 7 seat tow 19” no FSD

OD: Sept 18
Colour Change: Oct 1
Initial EDD: Jan 23 to Feb 20
EDD changed to Feb 12 to Mar 12 on Nov 28 2021
EDD changed to Jan 22 to Feb 19 on Jan 1 2022
EDD changed to June on Jan 10 2022
EDD changed to Feb 6 to Mar 6 on Jan 11 2022
EDD changed to TBD on Jan 20 2022

EDD changed to Feb 6 to Mar 6 on Jan 20 2022

Config: MYLR white/white 7 seat tow 19” no FSD
Thanks and good to see our EDD are close with the same config. I'm tired of this EDD emotional roller coaster.