Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow is my big day/pick up day wish me luck.

I think it is kind of ironic that all the accessories sell out online around the same time people get their Vin numbers

Image.png

*sigh* Now I'm pretty sure the SA who placed my order at the Buena Park, CA location messed up. My EDD just got pushed back from May 14 - June 11 to June 4 - July 2. It looks like everyone else who ordered around the same time as me (9/5/21) with the same configuration or even a very similar configuration are entering or close to entering their EDD windows. The only thing we told him was that we didn't want to receive the car before January 1 of this year, so we would have a whole year of the carpool lane sticker to use. This was a lesson learned with our 2018 Model S, which only had 3 months of the carpool sticker to use for the first year. I've reached out to the SA a few times, and his responses just parrot that the configuration is rare, the dealership doesn't get that many in, and he'll let us know if something happens to come in early. No acknowledgement that maybe he made a mistake when I pointed him to this thread showing how our EDD is much later than others'.

Last edited:
Reactions: arctangent
*sigh* Now I'm pretty sure the SA who placed my order at the Buena Park, CA location messed up. My EDD just got pushed back from May 14 - June 11 to June 4 - July 2. It looks like everyone else who ordered around the same time as me (9/5/21) with the same configuration or even a very similar configuration are entering or close to entering their EDD windows. The only thing we told him was that we didn't want to receive the car before January 1 of this year, so we would have a whole year of the carpool lane sticker to use. This was a lesson learned with our 2018 Model S, which only had 3 months of the carpool sticker to use for the first year. I've reached out to the SA a few times, and his responses just parrot that the configuration is rare, the dealership doesn't get that many in, and he'll let us know if something happens to come in early. No acknowledgement that maybe he made a mistake when I pointed him to this thread showing how our EDD is much later than others'.
Your config is the exact same as our Y. I can say on our S, I asked them to hold and it turned out ok in the end. It is still a long ways out, I wouldn't trust EDDs that much so far out. Too many moving pieces.

I’m pretty confident you’re right, I had TBD right up until I got a VIN twice (rejected a 2021 vin in December and went on hold). I added Carrier Direct in Nov and it changed the EDD to that eternal TBD. I texted my SA asking if they might know approx when it would arrive at the delivery center and they said early to mid Feb, which was fairly accurate.
BTVev - I saw you updated the Model Y tracker, you confirmed you got the heated wiper pad. Can you re-confirm here, that you definitely got heated wiper pad? Have you felt the heat on the pad after pressing the button onscreen? I'm in VT also and EDD of Feb19-Mar5, definitely hoping for heated wiper pad.

entered my EDD window Friday and no vin.. yesterday afternoon EDD changed to a smaller 2 week window again still holding the same as of right now.. lets see how or if i get something this afternoon or tomorrow morning 😵‍💫 EDD Feb 4 - Mar 4 now EDD Feb 6 - Feb 18

Watching closely. These EDD updates have affected most of us waiting on Aug and early Sep orders as a batch.

Hope this is the week the assembly robots go to work on slapping together all of our orders. 🤖

Watching closely. These EDD updates have affected most of us waiting on Aug and early Sep orders as a batch.

Hope this is the week the assembly robots go to work on slapping together all of our orders. 🤖
yess.. this is getting quite annoying.. i have friends in the Euro group (BMW) who have placed orders and have this delivery process all nicely laid out.. daily/ weekly updates and even stages at which their cars are at the moment.. build/paint/ final assembly .. but here we sits for months with a EDD and panel gaps at delivery hahaha 😭

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
yess.. this is getting quite annoying.. i have friends in the Euro group (BMW) who have placed orders and have this delivery process all nicely laid out.. daily/ weekly updates and even stages at which their cars are at the moment.. build/paint/ final assembly .. but here we sits for months with a EDD and panel gaps at delivery hahaha 😭
Panel gaps, really? My EDD still the same since I placed order back in October but again I don’t check my app/account obsessively on daily bases. Good things come to Patient people.

Reactions: carlos916
Panel gaps, really? My EDD still the same since I placed order back in October but again I don’t check my app/account obsessively on daily bases. Good things come to Patient people.
yeah im being patient.. just a little annoyed.. and panel gaps are the least of my worries lol.. it just sounds like that's everyones biggest complaint here but that's the least of my concerns.. lets just hope we get our cars soon and trust me im one of those i would rather have someone take their time and perfect the outcome than rush it and have a rushed job.

• Love
Reactions: WhiteWi
yeah im being patient.. just a little annoyed.. and panel gaps are the least of my worries lol.. it just sounds like that's everyones biggest complaint here but that's the least of my concerns.. lets just hope we get our cars soon and trust me im one of those i would rather have someone take their time and perfect the outcome than rush it and have a rushed job.
Absolutely! I bet you will love your new Tesla once you get it. Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: carlos916
Just posted ipics n August thread! Third row seems pretty cool to have. Lots of ways to move second row, some power assist on second row. Some quick automatic fold down of third row but then you have to reach in to back to manually pull seats up. The third row headrests seem to just be down all the way of up all the way, no stopping click in middle point.