Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last two weeks my MYLR7 November order went from
Jun19-Jul3, then
Jul14-Aug18 then yesterday
Aug30-Oct11

I got my wall charger here, CCS adapter, prior car ready to sell, financing setup, and I'm just very sick of waiting. Also, we test drove a Y last week and the 3rd row is pretty worthless. Even with two young kids not sure how much if ever we would use it. Our other vehicle will have a legit 3rd row.

So I converted my MYLR7 order to a MYP order last night. Still save $8k from current pricing. I was going to buy $2k acceleration boost for MYLR, so comparing both options I was considering actually has the MYLR7 vs MYP at identical prices. With the MYP I give up the 3rd row, but gain performance speed, wheels, spoiler, higher resale value, headlights, and I get the vehicle multiple months earlier. I might sell the 21 wheels and buy more comfy 19's eventually, which I was also considering with the Gemini. 21 probably will net me more if I do that.

I'm very happy with this change, and would recommend to others to really test drive and confirm that 3rd row is something you want.

For what it's worth, I took delivery of my MYLR 7-seater back in November and we have have made it our default "around-town/shorter overnight trip" family car for 2 adults and 4 kids. The third row doesn't have a ton of legroom, but with all 4 kids being under 10 years old, 2 can easily fit back there and using this car is saving a TON of $ compared to gas costs for my wife's Chevy Suburban. It's also the most fun/enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned.

Jun19-Jul3, then
Aug30-Oct11

I got my wall charger here, CCS adapter, prior car ready to sell, financing setup, and I'm just very sick of waiting. Also, we test drove a Y last week and the 3rd row is pretty worthless. Even with two young kids not sure how much if ever we would use it. Our other vehicle will have a legit 3rd row.

So I converted my MYLR7 order to a MYP order last night. Still save $8k from current pricing. I was going to buy $2k acceleration boost for MYLR, so comparing both options I was considering actually has the MYLR7 vs MYP at identical prices. With the MYP I give up the 3rd row, but gain performance speed, wheels, spoiler, higher resale value, headlights, and I get the vehicle multiple months earlier. I might sell the 21 wheels and buy more comfy 19's eventually, which I was also considering with the Gemini. 21 probably will net me more if I do that.

I'm very happy with this change, and would recommend to others to really test drive and confirm that 3rd row is something you want.
Did you get a new EDD yet after the switch to MYP?

p
Jun19-Jul3, then
Aug30-Oct11

Ha, I just did something similar. As mentioned a few pages back in the thread, we ended up getting a CPO Infiniti QX60 as our 7 seater, and it gets reasonable enough gas mileage on the highway that if will likely be our vacation vehicle. I just changed my order to a standard MYLR and removed the tow hitch. My goal is to keep the pricing from my order date but get my order pushed out as far as possible and switch the order to a MYP when I’m ready to take delivery. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we don’t see 1-2 more price hikes across the board this year, and maybe I’ll eventually be able to sell my M3LR for enough to cover the MYP price or close to it.

Reactions: MacO512
I agree on both. Since I can still get FSD for 10k and if enhanced autopilot 6k or more, then it might make sense to bite the bullet at 10k for fsd.
This is what I'm debating still right now too. Either get FSD right now or don't get any upgrades later. Enhanced autopilot is half the price of fsd in other countries. So if and when it comes to the US, it'll be $6k

Anyone with an OD older than 7/30? My current EDD is july-23 to Aug -27.... White on white 19" no fsd or tow... Can't believe I'm about to wait a year.... Btw, east coast deliver center (Charlotte)
My OD was 7/15 I think. EDD was July 19 to Aug 30. Today they bumped it out to Aug 27 to Oct 8. I don't really need a new car yet, but this is crazy. I remember my original EDD was around Jan 22. Many people ordered way after us already got their cars. Price is up $13k more since I ordered, so I just hope Tesla doesn't cancel my order for whatever reason, or decide to change the order price.

Reactions: felizf
So I now have my VIN and have scheduled delivery this Saturday. A family friend who also owns a MY is going to take delivery since I'm out of country. However the payment screen on the app is now blanked out and I can not initiate the funds transfer. Any wire going through is going to need to be done by 12 pm PST tomorrow or else it likely won't get processed in time. This is nuts cutting it so tight.

I've been waiting since summer of 2021 for White MYLR7 + Inductions. Have had so many delivery windows come and go starting since November of last year I can't keep track. The one two weeks ago that just pushed into August-September was the last straw with our vacation coming up and we actually need the car. We have 2 toddlers, so we don't really NEED the 7 seats anyway, it was just for once or twice a year usage. Oh well. Not worth waiting for anymore after a year into this delay game. Fed up with the FSD add then cancel scammers getting 90% of the 7 seater VINs.

We switched to MYP with no extras on Sunday, assuming I'd go to the back of the MYP line, but at least it's a short line that moves fast and they actually reliably deliver those within a few months. I hoped for a July-August delivery but I got a VIN and phone call for delivery 2 days after switching my order, delivery 7 days after giving up on the MYLR7. One bonus is the MYP is actually cheaper since they honored the old prices and I had no add-ons with this one. It's almost if they just wait you out long enough to push you into the MYP instead. Seems like they refuse to make large batches of 7 seaters for some reason judging by all the people waiting 9-12+ months with a new delay surprise every time you log in to the app.

I've been waiting since summer of 2021 for White MYLR7 + Inductions. Have had so many delivery windows come and go starting since November of last year I can't keep track. The one two weeks ago that just pushed into August-September was the last straw with our vacation coming up and we actually need the car. We have 2 toddlers, so we don't really NEED the 7 seats anyway, it was just for once or twice a year usage. Oh well. Not worth waiting for anymore after a year into this delay game. Fed up with the FSD add then cancel scammers getting 90% of the 7 seater VINs.

We switched to MYP with no extras on Sunday, assuming I'd go to the back of the MYP line, but at least it's a short line that moves fast and they actually reliably deliver those within a few months. I hoped for a July-August delivery but I got a VIN and phone call for delivery 2 days after switching my order, delivery 7 days after giving up on the MYLR7. One bonus is the MYP is actually cheaper since they honored the old prices and I had no add-ons with this one. It's almost if they just wait you out long enough to push you into the MYP instead. Seems like they refuse to make large batches of 7 seaters for some reason judging by all the people waiting 9-12+ months with a new delay surprise every time you log in to the app.
So adding FSD followed by cancel is scamming, but switching to MYP is not. That's an interesting way to frame it.

So adding FSD followed by cancel is scamming, but switching to MYP is not. That's an interesting way to frame it.
Nothing interesting about it. One is changing an order and actually paying the listed price for a different vehicle. The FSD scammers are pretending they are going to pay the "expedite" fee so they can cut everyone in line, then immediately cancelling the added fee after getting they want. I don't have a problem with people selecting FSD to expedite, and actually paying for it.