Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those 20” 7-seaters are showing up in inventory all over the place for the past week. Hope this week starts the changeover to start seeing some 19” ones.

Anybody gotten delivery of a 19” 7-seater in the past week or 2? Post if you do, I’m hoping they are at least in transport.
Not delivered yet, but soon! Here are my deets.

MYLR 7 seater/MSM/black/19/tow
OD: 1/13
Vin assigned 3/3, Fremont build, EDD: 3/17-3/24

texted SA on 3/9 to inquire status/location. He said it was currently in transit to IL

3/11: Schedule delivery text/email.

Scheduled to pickup on Saturday 3/18, in Minneapolis. Now just hoping no crazy weather this week!🤞

Reactions: fcpain and slyderz3
It's been two weeks now since I got the your VIN will be assigned in 1-2 weeks text. Just checked inventory and saw the same vehicle is available at the closest sales center but with 2k more in options (tow, white seats). These happen to be the two options my wife and I debated on when ordering so I'm good paying for them. Any thoughts on if this is worth the risk switching over to? I'd hate to drive the two hours and find out it was rejected due to quality and then lose my spot in line.

I have no idea. I can’t explain with any certainty how Tesla does their “inventory” I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t even built yet. My guess is that

1.) Lots of people switched to MYP after they qualified for credits and these are 7 seaters people ordered when they were the only cars that qualified as suvs.

2.) These were planned to be built in January to replenish inventory that existed prior to the price drop (Tesla thought demand would be high for them when the $80k cap excluded most 5 seaters)

But who knows, maybe there is a minimum batch size and these ones are extras. *shrug*

I think with each one they just build lots
I have no idea. I can’t explain with any certainty how Tesla does their “inventory” I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t even built yet. My guess is that

1.) Lots of people switched to MYP after they qualified for credits and these are 7 seaters people ordered when they were the only cars that qualified as suvs.

2.) These were planned to be built in January to replenish inventory that existed prior to the price drop (Tesla thought demand would be high for them when the $80k cap excluded most 5 seaters)

But who knows, maybe there is a minimum batch size and these ones are extras. *shrug*
I think your last point is prob true. I had not seen my config in waiting for Tesla inventory the day after I got my vin there were a bunch with the same options +/- a tow

Those 20” 7-seaters are showing up in inventory all over the place for the past week. Hope this week starts the changeover to start seeing some 19” ones.

Anybody gotten delivery of a 19” 7-seater in the past week or 2? Post if you do, I’m hoping they are at least in transport.
I did. picked up my 7 seater W/B/19" on Saturday, Also know another person who did so I think they are getting them out

Just curious where you are getting the build date information?
On waitingfortesla.com they list the build date, if the car is in transit and estimated date to its final location. Or if it is already at final location they list when it arrived. It is in the detailed section for each car under dates tab and location tab. Actually the build date can be seen without even going into the detailed section as long as you are on the "card" view and not "table" view.

OD-1/16. Just got vin. Delivery 3/24. 👍👍

Do you have to make payment prior to picking up or can you make payment at the dealer once inspected?
Depends on your mode of payment, if it’s cash then you can use PLAID to transfer after inspecting or bring in a cashiers check. If it’s financing through other bank then you need to get ur financial institution to wire the money or send in the check before delivery

Depends on your mode of payment, if it’s cash then you can use PLAID to transfer after inspecting or bring in a cashiers check. If it’s financing through other bank then you need to get ur financial institution to wire the money or send in the check before delivery

Cashiers check is made out to TSLA though right? I'll do PLAID to transfer. More control. They're trying to say pay prior but I'd rather inspect given all the horror stories

I miss the days of personal check (for my '19 3) . TSLA can run it in real time. How about corp/ business checks?

Cashiers check is made out to TSLA though right? I'll do PLAID to transfer. More control. They're trying to say pay prior but I'd rather inspect given all the horror stories

I miss the days of personal check (for my '19 3) . TSLA can run it in real time. How about corp/ business checks?
Officially it has been certified checks only for a long while. However, even in 2021 people reported them accepting personal checks, so it really depends on which SA you get.
Certified check or personal check

The problem with personal checks is they can bounce and be cancelled. It doesn't matter if they run it in real time, because the banks take time to process them (it might be a few days for your bank to reject a check).

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Officially it has been certified checks only for a long while. However, even in 2021 people reported them accepting personal checks, so it really depends on which SA you get.
Certified check or personal check

The problem with personal checks is they can bounce and be cancelled. It doesn't matter if they run it in real time, because the banks take time to process them (it might be a few days for your bank to reject a check).

they could do real time ACH? Easy repo or disable if check bounces for TSLA ;)

What are my options for a cashiers check if I refuse delivery?