Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$75.00 for a tire rotation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For $400 or so it better put my $90 air wrench to shame. :)
Nah, I paid exactly $143.65 for the tool only but I got lucky with that price. I already have a big DeWalt system and stash of batteries from the buy a DeWalt tool get a free 5 Ah 20V battery sale.
I have an Ingersoll Rand air wrench and Campbell Hausfeld compressor and tank but I have grown tired of screwing with the hose and releasing the air afterwords to prevent tank rust out. I'm sure the air wrench will outlast the DeWalt. But the Dewalt can really hit hard and is a lazy man's dream come true.

Nah, I paid exactly $143.65 for the tool only but I got lucky with that price. I already have a big DeWalt system and stash of batteries from the buy a DeWalt tool get a free 5 Ah 20V battery sale.
I have an Ingersoll Rand air wrench and Campbell Hausfeld compressor and tank but I have grown tired of screwing with the hose and releasing the air afterwords to prevent tank rust out. I'm sure the air wrench will outlast the DeWalt. But the Dewalt can really hit hard and is a lazy man's dream come true.

Feel free to send it over and I will evaluate it against my own Ingersoll Rand! :)

I agree with some who said don't bother to rotate tires. My cars have staggered tiers that you can't do that anyway. I don't see a problem with it. Tire rotation is not going to extend tire life that much. It's not worth it to spend time and money to do that at SC, or taking even smallest risks of damaging the car or injuring yourself to do it yourself. You should always check tire conditions to detect any problems early of course.

One more reason whether it's free or not is we should try not to overload the already busy SC if we can. They could spend the resources to help us on more important issues.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: afadeev and DR61
So basically... 15 lattes at Starbucks...

And that’s cheaper than I have seen it for other cars.

The thing about cars is, usually; the more it costs to but the more it costs to maintain. Take a BMW X3 in for this and it would likely be double that price... and that’s not even a more expensive car...

You’re getting off pretty cheap for $75

Reactions: M109Rider
Tesla Dania Beach charged me $89 for rotation.
Svc Center called me the day after mobile service, demanded payment and threatened to suspend my account which would mean I could not get my car serviced. I paid.
That was after I was told in email the rotation would be provided as a "maintenence concern". Service tech never mentioned cost and I did not know how much they charge until I received the collection call the next day.
The guy did not care to hear my story or read my emails. He sounded desperate to collect. Didn't offer a discount or any type of reduction.

I'm starting to think Tesla may actually be on its last legs as the news media predicts.

Bad timing on my part.

Svc Center called me the day after mobile service, demanded payment and threatened to suspend my account which would mean I could not get my car serviced. I paid.
That was after I was told in email the rotation would be provided as a "maintenence concern". Service tech never mentioned cost and I did not know how much they charge until I received the collection call the next day.
The guy did not care to hear my story or read my emails. He sounded desperate to collect. Didn't offer a discount or any type of reduction.

I'm starting to think Tesla may actually be on its last legs as the news media predicts.

Bad timing on my part.

I hope you’re kidding...
Seriously. You think Tesla is on their last legs because you don’t like that you were charged for a tire rotation. ??
Trying to link a financial company collapse to your little rotation bill is a ridiculous statement to say the least.

I’ve been overcharged and ripped off more times than I can count for gas car repairs.
Should I assume BMW, Honda, or Chrysler is collapsing as a result.

Are you working for the media, or a short seller by any chance ?

Reactions: SageBrush

Bad timing on my part.

Just saw you’re a new member as of today.
Yup. Short seller.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev