Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And look at the VIN: 203593. That is a new drive unit car.

@HankLloydRight and @cameronr any way you guys can parse the URLs on these cars to see if there is a code for updated performance? I am having trouble believing that there is a separate database lookup for the VIN to put the performance specifications on the page. If I were Tesla and putting that much info in the option codes I would put a flag for uncorked\uncorkable in there too.

Even stranger is that there are literally (at least on the Tesla website) no NI cars available to buy right now in the U.S. There are some Model X but no Model S NI cars available. Something is happening...
I can see a bunch of Model S NI cars on the US Tesla site including 75s. I wish they would show the acceleration on them like they do on the CPOs.

I read earlier in the thread that Tesla is updating pre-June 17 inventory 75s to have the faster acceleration. I'm going to go the the local SC over the next week or so and ask about the specs on the inventory there.

It is not listed on the Tesla site, even though it can be accessed via a direct link. See here: New Inventory | Tesla

That's how I found it, though -- through the Tesla website. Clicking your link gives me that one car that I posted.

tKZxqDV.png

I have a 196 vin May 2017 production 75. I asked about upgrading performance to the new 0-60 times and after a few days I got a response. I sent a link to an inventory car that was made prior to June that had been upgraded. My service center said they can software update 75Ds, but not 75 RWD.

1) if you have a 75D that is a 2017, but pre-June 19, my service tech is under the impression that you can receive a software update.

2) if you have seen any inventory RWD 75 cars that appear to be upgraded but made prior to June 19, let me know and I'll send him that link to research.

This is the inventory car I sent him to show that pre-June 19 cars appear to be upgradable:
Model S 75D 5YJSA1E23HF192355 | Tesla

I took delivery on 5-12-17 of a 75D with a VIN 196xxx which why I am subscribed to this thread. I am in the gray area as far as uncorking goes. I can't tell if I should feel optimistic or not. I have called a couple Tesla service centers but get a different answer every time. Granted my car already feels fast, but as the rest of you, I believe, "More is better".