Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my S75D last week. It was a Tilburg stock model so only a 3 week wait. it aatived without the new motor, at least i font think it has as there is no DU00 or DU01 code on my link. I have however got the 85Kwh battery as seen on the sticker behind the drivers side (UK) wheel arch.

So I did a little test using the Powertools app the result is below 4.2 secs 0-60

So new motor is not required for the performance improvement.

View attachment 243992

Nice one, so confirmation that the new DU is not required for the improved performance then! Did you have BTX8 in the code?

I pick mine up next week (UK also) and have the DU00 and BTX8 so I wonder exactly what the difference will be between your and my car.

PS why didn't you wait a week for the new reg?

Reactions: Dan60D
Ha anyone had concrete confirmation regarding the DU00/01 code? Some Tesla locations know it and others do not. Apparently it's not an internal code for the new unit?

Either way, I'm checking out the S this upcoming week for delivery that's a April/May production and has it.

Nice one, so confirmation that the new DU is not required for the improved performance then! Did you have BTX8 in the code?

I pick mine up next week (UK also) and have the DU00 and BTX8 so I wonder exactly what the difference will be between your and my car.

PS why didn't you wait a week for the new reg?

Cant see BTX8 in code but I'm not convic d the codes are always correct

Private plate so makes no difference to me if it's Aug or Sept also got a little incentive to take it early :)

Just searching by the VIN on Google it seems like this was a S60 too at some point?
Many 75s were 60s. I upgraded mine before delivery or it would have been as well.

...One question left: how do I get the update for my 143xxx 75D?
Good summary on VINs and speeds. You have to wait until Tesla updates it. It may not be for free. There is a German Tesla email which may have gone out in other parts of Europe that supposedly implies all cars will eventually get the update. That is not confirmed and not necessarily free.

Anyone know how to tell the 0-60 time on this inventory car? I'm sure they would have increased performance on it if they could:
Model S 75 5YJSA1E17HF189773 | Tesla
Should be 4.2 but it does have the old drive unit.
So I picked up my S75D last week...
Any chance you would send me the runlog for the performance thread?

Cant see BTX8 in code but I'm not conviced the codes are always correct...
I think the codes and certainly the stickers are correct as to whether it is 400v or 350v

You can start with wikipedia.
I try to be forgiving here. Most don't know about the 350v and 400v battery differences. The Wikipedia entry is too long and frankly this thread is too long as well. We could really use a performance increase FAQ.

I try to be forgiving here. Most don't know about the 350v and 400v battery differences. The Wikipedia entry is too long and frankly this thread is too long as well. We could really use a performance increase FAQ.

This really would be a great idea.

It would be great to know the key differences between the drivetrain pre July and the new post July 2017.

I mean if the pre july cars are able to get a performance increase to 4.2. So then what is the point of a new drivetrain if it can't go to at least 3.2. So yeah it would be great to know full capabilities. A lot of confusing stuff happening this weekend with the performance upgrade leaks and all.

I think the codes and certainly the stickers are correct as to whether it is 400v or 350v

Sticker from my car :)

IMG_4960.jpg

Early Model S 75Ds are showing improved performance in EU. The question is whether or not it's a website or database issue :)
I have been following along. First the 75s got uncorked. Now the 100s got uncorked. It will be interesting to see if there is enough headroom for the Performance line to get its own uncorking. My guess is yes.

I can see arguments both ways on whether Tesla will uncork older owner's cars for free or require payment. I think Tesla has to uncork some of the older owner cars regardless now that it is uncorking older inventory cars.

On that particular car though it may be so old that the performance doesn't outweigh the warranty and perception risk.

But no way this is a database issue.

I have been following along. First the 75s got uncorked. Now the 100s got uncorked. It will be interesting to see if there is enough headroom for the Performance line to get its own uncorking. My guess is yes.

I can see arguments both ways on whether Tesla will uncork older owner's cars for free or require payment. I think Tesla has to uncork some of the older owner cars regardless now that it is uncorking older inventory cars.

On that particular car though it may be so old that the performance doesn't outweigh the warranty and perception risk.

But no way this is a database issue.

My point was, if old 75s were pulling from new Model S details and showing incorrect 0-60 times, perhaps it'd also bee happening on inventory Model X's. This doesn't seem to be the case.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dan60D

It does seem like this is the real 100 uncorking we are seeing now...
From my post here: Performance increase for 100D. 0-100 in 3,3 sek
I'm starting to think that the original change where they listed improved 100D 0-60 at 4.1 was actually just a marketing restatement with no underlying changes. Now we are seeing the same relaxing of the current limits that the 75D saw previously being applied to the 100D.

I did some rough back of the napkin math and it would seem that applying the same new current limits that the 75D (350V pack) got to the 100D (400V pack) should give the 100D about the same power output P85D performance (which does 3.1 0-60)

1. Assume latest 75D changes bring power output to 90D/100D parity (375KW)
So 375000W/350V = 1071A...
2. Applying that same current draw at 400V gives: 400V * 1071A = 428KW

*Estimated power level source: Refresh 90D Horse Power Specs (Powertools)