Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe it does. Pity really.
Weirdly, my car has just STARTED reading street signs and slowing down in response! I noticed same in the ED just the other day. As well as a brief change in the car it was following to the familiar "blue" car that AP1 does. I don't know wtf is going on, but it tracks/drives just fine, so I am happy.
As for lane change, I find you have to keep the indicator on well into the other lane, than it seems to work fine, in Sydney or elsewhere.

Is AP2 supposed to "read" speed limit signs? I've just done the Great Ocean Road and there have been a lot of changed/reduced speed limits in the area eg: 60 to 50 or 100 to 80 etc but the car did not notice and displayed the old limits.
AP1 "reads" signs. Sometimes it misses them and sometimes it misreads them (eg 30 for 80). AP2 uses geolocation to set speed limits and is not 100% accurate. Clearly AP2 will need to read speed limits to get to full autonomy.
On another note Tesla navigation needs to he fixed before full autonomy. If not i can see myself summoning my car across the country and it turning up, but at the wrong location.

I've been waiting for 2018.14.2, going on a 1-week road trip tomorrow.
Sadly doesn't seem like I'll get it before departure.
As for the nav/maps, apparently it's a separate download that happens if you have at least 2018.12, but it's only US at the moment.