Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A lot of deliveries this week of Dec 8!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need some help. We live in so. California, have a model S, and reserved a model 3 on 7/31/2017. The problem is, according to the estimator, we can expect delivery late 2018. After many, many conversations with low level people at Tesla (they do a real good job at protecting those who can actually resolve issues), we are assured that we will have a delivery priority, and that the estimator needs to be updated. Needless to say, I'm beyond skeptical. I would like to see a reply form anyone here that is a current owner, lives in California, reserved a model 3 at about the same time frame, and would share their delivery estimate.
I ordered a 3 on the same day as you. Estimator is Aug-Oct 2018 for the dual motor version I want.

a-lot-of-deliveries-this-week-of-dec-8.103512
that garage floor! well played @pdxgibby well played.

and thanks!

Reactions: Gt1948 and pdxgibby
I think most of these cars were ordered in the early part of October. You should be going into production in about 1 week.

I have been refreshing my Tesla account I think my mouse broke from overuse...Anyway, my DS has not been returning messages so I finally called him and was told my car is now in production!!!! He said it will take about 10 days for the car to finish and get to the SvC in AZ, but if I choose home delivery, I will likely not get my car until January. Oh well, at least it is in production now!!! Time to clean the garage and call the electrician!

Just checked my account. Status is now “ Your Tesla is currently in production”!!

Reactions: Olds442
I have been refreshing my Tesla account I think my mouse broke from overuse...Anyway, my DS has not been returning messages so I finally called him and was told my car is now in production!!!! He said it will take about 10 days for the car to finish and get to the SvC in AZ, but if I choose home delivery, I will likely not get my car until January. Oh well, at least it is in production now!!! Time to clean the garage and call the electrician!

Just checked my account. Status is now “ Your Tesla is currently in production”!!

Congrats!

After reading your post, I get the feeling that it is the DS that updates our "Manage" pages. Either that or its a big coincidence that the status changed right after you called him..

If this is true, I guess some DS are just really slow in updating the pages as it feels like they are all over the place sometimes and not very consistent

Reactions: Snobun
Here you go! Delivery was a success. Fit and finish much better with 2017. Door seals are better. They had to adjust the bright work around the windows and a tiny paint defect that they need to figure out what to do about.

View attachment 265212View attachment 265213View attachment 265214View attachment 265215

Congrats. Awesome car. I really wanted the white interior too but wife knew that if I got it, I'd be spending all my time keeping it clean. Beautiful garage floor btw.