Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A message to Tesla. Just look at the top Forum posts. Time for FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla; we know you crawl these forums... it’s how you are able to get honest census on the software and hardware. Lately there’s been a lot of negativity on the forums about S&X.. along with demand for them. People once again are saying Tesla is going to die blah blah, cars are having too many issues... but this time there’s a different tone to a lot of these posts. People are really getting fed up for the last time it seems. It’s time to start releasing more FSD features or give us a promised feature.
Obviously people are upset right now and I hate to see this as I’m a firm believer in the original message of the company. But it’s getting lost in the profit game and it’s time to throw us a treat to hold us over. We know how the game works, and we subconsciously play along almost every time wether we like it or not. We need something like Enhanced/Advanced Summon, AP3 computer retrofit program start, working stoplight/stop sign detection- just SOMETHING because this is getting old. We are putting up with our 6 figure $ cars and expecting those things promised. I for one have been wanting just the damn beach buggy game on my MCU1 and I know I won’t have it.

You call us S&X owners the true believers/ early supporters of the company- ACT LIKE THAT THEN.

Sincerely,
A message from S&X owners and families.

Tesla; Don't listen to @selfbp he/she/it only talk for a few.

Indeed, many of know and have seen, that we you release a "not quite ready for primetime" feature, that so many people complain that it's not perfect and this is what shows up in the press.

As you are well aware, these are the types of posts that start appearing when the time between significant feature releases grows beyond minutes (okay, may a month or two)

Software is hard, AI is hard, and putting up with the idiots on the road, well, no one gets that right.

It's quite hard to believe that someone who spouts "You call us S&X owners the true believers/ early supporters of the company- ACT LIKE THAT THEN." would say this, because the true believers understand the task in front of you.

Tesla; Don't listen to @selfbp he/she/it only talk for a few.

Indeed, many of know and have seen, that we you release a "not quite ready for primetime" feature, that so many people complain that it's not perfect and this is what shows up in the press.

As you are well aware, these are the types of posts that start appearing when the time between significant feature releases grows beyond minutes (okay, may a month or two)

Software is hard, AI is hard, and putting up with the idiots on the road, well, no one gets that right.

It's quite hard to believe that someone who spouts "You call us S&X owners the true believers/ early supporters of the company- ACT LIKE THAT THEN." would say this, because the true believers understand the task in front of you.
I don’t spout it, Elon himself said it. I can restate it without criticism. If you disagree that’s fine but take 5 minutes in the forums and tell me I’m alone. I’ll wait. I love my car and love Tesla, it’s getting old regardless. Speak for yourself

• Funny
Reactions: Chaserr and P85_DA
Do you think Tesla is just sitting around on FSD features and waiting for people to want them bad enough? I'm sure they want nothing more than to push out things that have been promised. One thing that would be worse than not getting a feature is for Tesla to roll out dangerous ones. It wouldn't take much for FSD to be crippled by a regulatory response or for Tesla to get entangled in mortal legal struggles.

Prematurely rolling out AP features will endanger the company. If they have to delay by making fart modes and mobile games, then I hope they continue to do that. Please be patient.

Totally agree with Bballou. After seeing Tesla roll out the first Nav system that Elon breathlessly announced as the end to range anxiety, they should definitely get anything to do with EAP and/or FSD correct before releasing it.
Not doing so could be existential for the company.

Model S owner, I don't care about FSD features. There's way more pressing software issues to me, like better streaming / usb, not crashing rear camera, showing multiple cameras for parking, would make me way happier than FSD. Paying for FSD when it doesn't exist is insane IMO. I agree they should keep the flagship models having the best features. Model 3 shouldn't charge faster or have longer range or anything like that.

I agree with Bballou. Software is hard, and EAP/FSD is an area in which the company must tread carefully. On the other hand, a lot of us bought MS and MX's that will never have those capabilities due to hardware issues, and that is just something we will need to expect.

For one, I am very impressed in the differences between the AP on my husband's new M3 and that on my 2016 MX. They have made a lot of progress and I look forward to seeing more improvements.

Reactions: CarlK and Watts_Up
Model S owner, I don't care about FSD features. There's way more pressing software issues to me, like better streaming / usb, not crashing rear camera, showing multiple cameras for parking, would make me way happier than FSD. Paying for FSD when it doesn't exist is insane IMO. I agree they should keep the flagship models having the best features. Model 3 shouldn't charge faster or have longer range or anything like that.

That sounds like you feel entitled to have them work on stuff that is "more pressing to you"... Common. Maybe start your entire posting with "I'm venting here..."

They are working on some of the stuff you mentioned above, but it sounds like you feel like they aren't working quick enough to meet your timeline or to make you happy.

(1) They don't need to share what they are working on...
(2) They don't need to share the timeline on when it will be READY for release (not Early Access, but General Availability).
(3) The whole flagship model... The new Model S and Model X Raven are flagship models. Anything older is unfortunately no longer flagship. You have the privilege of selling your current Model S/X and trading up to the new one if you want "flagship" model.

Otherwise consider this for a second. You have a pretty amazing vehicle that like every other vehicle on this planet is NOT perfect. They don't cater to individual taste (there is no Bespoke Program at Tesla), but they do continuous improvements (stuff that you see, and other stuff that you will NEVER see because it's part of their CI/DI mythology for product and development).

Enjoy what you have, and be grateful for when we get new features or improvements via software updates.

Before you jump on my response or everyone else response, take a second and re-read your original posts and understand that everyone would love to have all this stuff you mention, but we are also understanding that it takes time and effort to address these items, and that it's on Tesla timeline, and not ours as individuals or as a collective Owner Group...

To be honest I kind of pity Model S and X owners, I've driven lots of both cars and own a model 3, and the S and X seem like such worse cars in terms of build quality, reliability, comfort, and handling. I understand the design is much earlier but considering the price tag is 2-3x bigger for the "premium" cars, they sure don't seem to get that treatment from Tesla.

Reactions: GreenT
I am very leery of the promised FSD features by the end of this year. My Teslas both freak out on EAP whenever a car safely turns across my car’s path. Imagine how they will react to green to yellow to red light transitions as well as Stop and Yield signs. I will be surprised if these features are ready for prime time by the end of 2020.

I don’t spout it, Elon himself said it. I can restate it without criticism. If you disagree that’s fine but take 5 minutes in the forums and tell me I’m alone. I’ll wait. I love my car and love Tesla, it’s getting old regardless. Speak for yourself

Humm - you signed the initial post "A message from S&X owners and families." and then suggest others speak for themselves?

I'd like to see camera based parking between actual painted lines... but I'll wait until it isn't going to run into the wall

That sounds like you feel entitled to have them work on stuff that is "more pressing to you"... Common. Maybe start your entire posting with "I'm venting here..."

They are working on some of the stuff you mentioned above, but it sounds like you feel like they aren't working quick enough to meet your timeline or to make you happy.

(1) They don't need to share what they are working on...
(2) They don't need to share the timeline on when it will be READY for release (not Early Access, but General Availability).
(3) The whole flagship model... The new Model S and Model X Raven are flagship models. Anything older is unfortunately no longer flagship. You have the privilege of selling your current Model S/X and trading up to the new one if you want "flagship" model.

Otherwise consider this for a second. You have a pretty amazing vehicle that like every other vehicle on this planet is NOT perfect. They don't cater to individual taste (there is no Bespoke Program at Tesla), but they do continuous improvements (stuff that you see, and other stuff that you will NEVER see because it's part of their CI/DI mythology for product and development).

Enjoy what you have, and be grateful for when we get new features or improvements via software updates.

Before you jump on my response or everyone else response, take a second and re-read your original posts and understand that everyone would love to have all this stuff you mention, but we are also understanding that it takes time and effort to address these items, and that it's on Tesla timeline, and not ours as individuals or as a collective Owner Group...
you seem to think I am upset somehow.. I absolutely love my car. I'm just pointing out to OP realistically FSD is a long term dream and there's plenty they could do to keep the car relevant otherwise. The Raven models still don't charge as fast as a model 3 at supercharger v3s so I don't understand your statement about trading up. Theres other examples like model 3 getting sentry a few months before S

Well in fairness when a 20K Korean car comes with an infotainment unit that functions better that a flagship car then maybe there does need to be a refocus on functionality upgrades for the S/X.
Most of what people are asking for really just shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Tesla; we know you crawl these forums... it’s how you are able to get honest census on the software and hardware. Lately there’s been a lot of negativity on the forums about S&X.. along with demand for them. People once again are saying Tesla is going to die blah blah, cars are having too many issues... but this time there’s a different tone to a lot of these posts. People are really getting fed up for the last time it seems. It’s time to start releasing more FSD features or give us a promised feature.
Obviously people are upset right now and I hate to see this as I’m a firm believer in the original message of the company. But it’s getting lost in the profit game and it’s time to throw us a treat to hold us over. We know how the game works, and we subconsciously play along almost every time wether we like it or not. We need something like Enhanced/Advanced Summon, AP3 computer retrofit program start, working stoplight/stop sign detection- just SOMETHING because this is getting old. We are putting up with our 6 figure $ cars and expecting those things promised. I for one have been wanting just the damn beach buggy game on my MCU1 and I know I won’t have it.

You call us S&X owners the true believers/ early supporters of the company- ACT LIKE THAT THEN.

Sincerely,
A message from S&X owners and families.
I would be happy with simply getting AutoPilot to function as well as it used to and stop randomly freaking out in disconnects or slowing down for nothing.

I think that Tesla is going as fast as possible, but the obstacles are elsewhere. Ever heard about regulators (especially in Europe)?

Because of their overzealous ways, in my country functions like summon and auto-lane-change are crippled, and NoA still requires the confirmation.
These authorities are not really transparent on what they base their decisions, and they live on a totally different timeline.

Frankly I'd like to apply some pressure on them, rather than on Tesla.

We need something like Enhanced/Advanced Summon, AP3 computer retrofit program start, working stoplight/stop sign detection- just SOMETHING because this is getting old. We are putting up with our 6 figure $ cars and expecting those things promised. I for one have been wanting just the damn beach buggy game on my MCU1 and I know I won’t have it.

It's not like Tesla has all those things in a box somewhere and they're just hanging on to them. They can't deliver them because they aren't ready. And the truth is, FSD (or even AS) are not guarantees.

It's time to align with reality. The "bone" you're wishing Tesla would throw you is games and fart apps. If that's not enough, you'll have to dial back your expectations.