Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A REAL wireless charging pad for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m now debating between the Jeda wireless charger and the Nomad wireless charger. The only thing that’s selling my on the Nomad is the lip at the bottom that Jeda doesn’t have. Won’t this make slippage a non-issue?

View attachment 321063
I like the lip on the Nomad, My Jeda has reduced the lip area so small that if your not careful it will fall into the storage area, happens to my wife all the time, there is so much spare room there that I'm surprised no one has made a 3D printed replacement that is about a 1/2" taller than the stock one to prevent that, My only hesitation is that with the iPhone plus size phones it appears there will not be enough room on the Nomad, if you look at the pic with 2 iPhone x models it seems as though it would be a problem

I'm sure almost everybody who has deal with Jeda is with you. The problem is that they are making it very difficult to cancel. I installed my Jeda this week and it's performance has been very blah. I think it works somewhat, but by the end of the day I'm always getting into a power-reserve situation, and that never happened to me when I was plugging my phone in every time I'd jump in the car.

It is good at making your phone hot. I'll give them that. Could prove a plus as we head into fall/winter.

• Funny
Reactions: debuggr
Returned my Jeda today and ordered the Nomad. I would love to support a startup but at the end of the day my money will go with the superior product, and even though we dont have Nomad's in-hand, looking at the design/features, it looks like a far superior product to me.

Reactions: outdoors
Just received an update from Nomad that their production is delayed: :eek:o_O :mad::(

Straight to it – production is delayed, but by only 10 days. All the parts are done and sitting in our assembly plant, but I wanted to make sure that we spend extra time on the custom, prismatic, high-temp lithium batteries. I could have rushed everything just to meet the delivery date but, I think you will agree, the extra high-temp testing and tweaking are worth it.

The first orders will ship on Sept. 10th. Our team will ship all orders placed from launch to August 22nd by September 17th. All orders will be shipped in the order they were received.

This has been a pet project for me, and I appreciate all the support. This has been a fun one and I’m excited to see how you use your Model 3 Wireless Charger.

Cheers from Shenzhen,
-Brian
Co-Founder | Head of Product

Just received an update from Nomad that their production is delayed: :eek:o_O :mad::(

Straight to it – production is delayed, but by only 10 days. All the parts are done and sitting in our assembly plant, but I wanted to make sure that we spend extra time on the custom, prismatic, high-temp lithium batteries. I could have rushed everything just to meet the delivery date but, I think you will agree, the extra high-temp testing and tweaking are worth it.

The first orders will ship on Sept. 10th. Our team will ship all orders placed from launch to August 22nd by September 17th. All orders will be shipped in the order they were received.

This has been a pet project for me, and I appreciate all the support. This has been a fun one and I’m excited to see how you use your Model 3 Wireless Charger.

Cheers from Shenzhen,
-Brian
Co-Founder | Head of Product

I'm still waiting on my VIN, so the subject line on the email they sent gave me a heart attack when all I could read on my mobile device was the following: "Quick shipping update on your Tesla Model 3..."

• Funny
Reactions: rabar10
Hi - I am having some challenges with my Model 3 LR, I placed the upgraded order on the 4th of July and paid in full on the 9th of August 2018, first they got me with the delivery date 23rd of August 2018, in the Dallas, Texas later one day before they said it is Monday the 27th of August 2018, today I got another call from my poc, she said it would be 8th of September 2018 !!! I am not sure what’s going on here after the full payments are made on a model 3 and we are stuck now with this deal, wish I could back out of this deal and get something else !!! Tesla is completely mismanaged and customer service is dismal, we decided not to buy any other vehicle from Tesla until they make some radical changes to their customer service, they are clueless were my vehicle is at this point and I am stuck with a car payment at this time, life sucks !!!

Hi - I am having some challenges with my Model 3 LR, I placed the upgraded order on the 4th of July and paid in full on the 9th of August 2018, first they got me with the delivery date 23rd of August 2018, in the Dallas, Texas later one day before they said it is Monday the 27th of August 2018, today I got another call from my poc, she said it would be 8th of September 2018 !!! I am not sure what’s going on here after the full payments are made on a model 3 and we are stuck now with this deal, wish I could back out of this deal and get something else !!! Tesla is completely mismanaged and customer service is dismal, we decided not to buy any other vehicle from Tesla until they make some radical changes to their customer service, they are clueless were my vehicle is at this point and I am stuck with a car payment at this time, life sucks !!!
Sorry to hear about your delivery issues and welcome to the forum. If I may suggest, your post may be more useful in the appropriate thread such as ordering, production, and delivery. This specific thread is about charging pads.

• Funny
Reactions: voip-ninja
maybe a dumb question, has anyone tried using a USB splitter such as this? Can you charge your phone and play music from a memory stick at the same time while plugged into a front USB?
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Prem...667&sr=8-22-spons&keywords=usb+splitter&psc=1
“For a stable connection, the devices connected to the 3-Port USB 3.0 Hub must not exceed a combined current of 5 volts 900 mAh. External hard-drives should be connected to an external power source. This 3-Port USB 3.0 Hub will not charge your devices, it will only sync.”

“For a stable connection, the devices connected to the 3-Port USB 3.0 Hub must not exceed a combined current of 5 volts 900 mAh. External hard-drives should be connected to an external power source. This 3-Port USB 3.0 Hub will not charge your devices, it will only sync.”
fsier, perhaps that particular splitter will not work, however, "in general", has anyone tried using some type of splitter/expander option instead of routing cable to the console 12v charger? There are tons of variations of USB splitters/expanders out there...

Perhaps this one would work?
https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Gom...0987&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=usb+splitter&psc=1

fsier, perhaps that particular splitter will not work, however, "in general", has anyone tried using some type of splitter/expander option instead of routing cable to the console 12v charger? There are tons of variations of USB splitters/expanders out there...

Perhaps this one would work?
https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Gom...0987&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=usb+splitter&psc=1
Hi. It really depends on what you plan to use the ports for. When you use an unpowered (passive) splitter, you are sharing 5 volts of power amongst all of the devices you’ve plugged in to the hub. So if you’re using multiple low power devices, like a thumb drive and a small reading light, you might be ok, but if you’re trying to charge your phone and your iPad, simultaneously, you’re just not going to have enough juice. This is why they make powered (active) USB hubs, and why routing power from the 12V outlet, to a hub in the front of the center console, may be a better option for the latter use case.

I used to have a usb hub that could draw power from 2 separate USB ports (had a Y splitter cable), but I can’t seem to find those anymore.

Reactions: jombolo
Hi. It really depends on what you plan to use the ports for. When you use an unpowered (passive) splitter, you are sharing 5 volts of power amongst all of the devices you’ve plugged in to the hub. So if you’re using multiple low power devices, like a thumb drive and a small reading light, you might be ok, but if you’re trying to charge your phone and your iPad, simultaneously, you’re just not going to have enough juice. This is why they make powered (active) USB hubs, and why routing power from the 12V outlet, to a hub in the front of the center console, may be a better option for the latter use case.

I used to have a usb hub that could draw power from 2 separate USB ports (had a Y splitter cable), but I can’t seem to find those anymore.

Already stated what I want to use the ports for:
Can you charge your phone and play music from a memory stick at the same time while plugged into a front USB?