Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yacht floor and parcel shelf are also gone, I guess now standard.

No more staggered wheels since the + is gone.

I'm super happy with my P85+ Inventory car... But damn.. Now I want a P85D. But I can't see trading "up" to just an 85D. :(

Like I do for the iPhone, I'll skip this generation and wait to see what they come out with in the next 18-24 months for the Model S. Hopefully a bigger battery and/or better range.

Seems yacht floor is now part of the "premium interior package", and the "+" suspension is now (modified or completely new) part of the "D" dual motor package (performance version).

What about the speedo? Looks quite different from what I normally see in my S:

speedo.jpg

Great to see Tesla has added features prevalent in other premium cars. I had several of these features in my Premium ICE, which I no longer have. I will not miss them.

I Never used the AWD! even during winter months. The Lane diversion beep drove me crazy as it was always beeping. Finally adaptive Cruise control, which slowed you down when nearing vehicles in front of you, proved to be dangerous when you changed lanes to pass the slower vehicle. The car suddenly sped up to your cruise control setting. If cars were in the passing lane ahead of you, sudden panicking braking took place.

While the new features are great for resale, they will cost more and make the vehicle even more expensive. For me I am pleased I can drive my car safely as it is, rather than relying on technology that I have found in the past to be of questionable assistance.

After witnessing the announcements tonight, if any of the sig owners or other early adopters -- like me -- feel remorse tonight, just remember: we, especially the sig owners, helped to make tonight possible. Without you, this next of what will be many significant upgrades (not to mention production of the X and III) would not have been possible.

Well, and my car was $25'000 cheaper than the equivalently optioned vehicle today... No remorse necessary.

Is there any word on what happened to the various suspension and staggered wheel tweaks from the original + upgrade? There is no more mention of these suspension tweaks, so either that means all the cars have it, only the P has it, or only the P85D has it.

I hate to say this, but I'm glad I sold my P85 last Friday.

Driving a 2015 S550 atm, which I will keep until I can get into a used or a significantly discounted showroom P85D.

Also would love to see Model X specs before I change out of the S550.

These upgrades look really cool. Having used my Distronic plus + Steering assist in my S550, Bring on the Autopilot features.

Also, love the fact that I have Hot stone massage. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the new seats. Hopefully Vented Seats are an option.