Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t blame the guy. I have a tuned M3, and the Model 3 AWD+ is on another level.

The 200 miles per tank of premium gas was also annoying as hell. This past month the Stats app said I saved $200 in gas...

The current generation Bmw M3 is just not a drivers car anymore. It went soft in all the wrong areas (exhaust note, non NA, muted steering feel). It basically defeats itself even before you compare it with another car. It is the wrong car to benchmark against a Model 3. I had one custom ordered with a 6MT and hated it which is why i switched to a Corvette Z06. In fact, i don't think there are any good "enthusiast" performance sedans (ICE) to properly compare the model 3 against.

Reactions: phantasms
I just posted this on the Dragy app leaderboard, but I wanted to get some testing before I purchase the boost upgrade, but after the free 5% upgrade.

59 degrees ambient temp, warm battery (not dots) 72% SoC.

2E3FA002-100D-4125-87BC-94B0F1B03E3F.png

The update brings it from ~3.9 to ~3.4.
One foot roll out numbers. It give the half second, but much deeper than advertised.

Closer to 0.4 gain from the ones I've seen?

3.9ish was typical before the + unlock, with a few guys hitting high 3.8x.... and now the best times post unlock are 3.4x with 3.5ish being typical....at least that's what I'm seeing on draggy...with the absolute best time being 3.47 from Magnus Mako, then 3.49 from you, 3.48 from another guy, and 3.51 and 3.55 the next 2 quickest

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms
Closer to 0.4 gain from the ones I've seen?

3.9ish was typical before the + unlock, with a few guys hitting high 3.8x.... and now the best times post unlock are 3.4x with 3.5ish being typical....at least that's what I'm seeing on draggy...with the absolute best time being 3.47 from Magnus Mako, then 3.49 from you, 3.48 from another guy, and 3.51 and 3.55 the next 2 quickest
Once I pull the trigger I’ll do a test on the same spot I did my pre-boost test today. I think my 3.85 0-60 w/ 1 ft. Rollout is one of the stronger pre-boost times. That was only at 72% SOC too.

The biggest thing this time of year for me will be a warm battery and no salt on the roads. Today it was mid/high 50’s and recent rains have cleaned off the roads.

Once I pull the trigger I’ll do a test on the same spot I did my pre-boost test today. I think my 3.85 0-60 w/ 1 ft. Rollout is one of the stronger pre-boost times. That was only at 72% SOC too.

The biggest thing this time of year for me will be a warm battery and no salt on the roads. Today it was mid/high 50’s and recent rains have cleaned off the roads.

IIRC that 3.85 is the quickest 1' time I've seen pre-boost.

Be curious what you can do with a SoC in the 90s like most of the other best times.

Reactions: TyH2009

My buddy did 3.98 I think with 1ft roll. In his awd. Your numbers are amazing. Can’t wait to see what it is afterwards.

Edit: he also just got the boost so I need to let him borrow my vbox sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: TyH2009
Gotta say that the Taurus SHO is one of those things that a non car person wouldn’t understand. It’s like the 90’s Impala SS with the Corvette engine. I pointed one out to my S.O. the other day saying how cool they are and was met with a blank stare.

Such a great engine in the SHO, which was built by Yamaha, if I remember correctly.

As far as the Boost goes, I got it, I like it, but I still want more! (of course)
Yamaha is correct and I agree that was a gem.

Reactions: CitiesSprinter
Not sure how it's related since my previous car was a Cadillac ELR. It sure looked performance and had good torque, but mediocre performance .

Performance cars that I have owned off the top of my head and not in order: 2 Mustang GTs, S-2000, T-Bird Turbo & T-Bird Super Coupe, Taurus SHO, MINI JCW and SLK AMG55.

Likely, the reason why he asked you, and I was about to ask you is... I'd expect someone with experience driving performance cars to be sensitive to changes in driving dynamics. I'm surprised you've had those cars and can't feel the difference. (s2000 by the way, bugs me when someone says s-2000 eeeek).

Go find a local owner with a dual motor, or go to your local delivery center and drive a dual motor car, and your car, back to back. You don't need a dragy app or numbers to confirm anything. You either feel it or you don't. If youc an't feel it, I feel sorry.