Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost upgrade still available for 2022 Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Turkey Day everyone

I have a 2022 M3LR due to be delivered early December. I was curious if the $2000 acceleration boost was still available from Tesla? If not I was thinking of taking advantage of the Boost 50 sale that is going on right now.

Is the “$2000 Tesla acceleration boost” still available? Specifically MY2022?

Thank you

Reactions: Dogeftw

I have a 2022 M3LR due to be delivered early December. I was curious if the $2000 acceleration boost was still available from Tesla? If not I was thinking of taking advantage of the Boost 50 sale that is going on right now.

Thank you
It is for my Model Y. I checked last Monday.

Thank you
Yes once your vehicle is paired to the app it should appear. Still $2000. Got it for my 22 M3LR

Reactions: Spuzzz
What is the Boost 50 sale?
It’s from Ingenext. It basically has the Acceleration Boost plus some other goodies from a third-party company, but much cheaper than Tesla’s, and they’re having a sale. There’s some concern as to how it’ll impact service and updates, though.

Reactions: Dogeftw

Thank you
I tuned all my past cars. All new with full warranty (focus ST, cobalt SS/TC) No issues. Get the boost 50. I will be getting mine this Tuesday!

I tuned all my past cars. All new with full warranty (focus ST, cobalt SS/TC) No issues. Get the boost 50. I will be getting mine this Tuesday!

They also had dealer networks who get paid for repairing vehicles, and have a vested interest in "looking the other way" if there is an issue, if they possibly can. This is not the case with Tesla, since the manufacturer is the "dealer".

I am not trying to "fear monger" here, but comparing tuning a tesla to tuning these other ICE vehicles is basically apples and oranges. These cars are the most "connected" cars in the world. IF (not when but IF) something happens, tesla WILL know everything about how the car was operated, and has zero reason to look the other way.

Everyones risk tolerance is different, but anyone considering aftermarket "tunes" (which basically just trick the car into thinking its a higher end model than it is) should keep that in mind. They should also keep in mind that the company selling this product specifically says on their website:

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 9.05.17 AM.png

Relevant quotes are: " we recommend anyone visiting a service center remove this device before taking it in" and " Anyone purchasing this releases us from any responsibility regarding the manufacturers warranty".

This is directly from the aftermarket seller of the product. I am sure that the next few posts will either accuse me of fear mongering, or, say "I have been using mine for X time and its fine". I absolutely believe people are using the product without issue now, and I am not fear mongering, just informing people of what the manufacturer of the product itself says related to warranties ("dont come looking at us if something happens").

Don’t the LR and performance have the same drivetrain? The performance
is just nerfed! The LR dual motor should handle 50 more horses!

They did for about 6-12 months in the late 2018 early 2019 period for the 3 (and again early on but not later for the Y)

That's why the "full" ghost 3rd party upgrade only works on some older cars-- it tricks the car into thinking it's a P since the HW is the same.

For newer cars, the HW isn't the same, so it won't work. Intstead you can get the 50, which tricks it into thinking you bought the acceleration boost.

In neither case is anyone "tuning" their car- they're just using a 3rd party bit of HW to fake having a different stock config.

(likewise the SR RWD model boost module they sell just tricks the car into thinking it's an LR RWD)

As to warranty- yeah, tesla 100% for sure knows you're running it (there's a number of different ways for them to know- despite the the maker originally claiming Tesla couldn't tell). To this point they've not DONE anything about that, other than for a while displaying a message basically saying "Hey, we can tell you did this"- but they could choose to deny coverage for a slew of things down the line if they wished.

I didn't personally find that worth saving a few bucks over buying the "real" AB from Tesla, but YMMV.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and Spuzzz
Installed the boost 50 and it’s awesome! No software issues. Definitely feels quicker. Can’t compare to the AB but for sure a low 4 sec 0-60. Worth the $864 Black Friday deal!
Cool. Ordered it for an upcoming M3 LR in Jan :)

Also considering the Y boost 50 for a Y LR as well. Any error messages? How was install?!

Thx

Awesome! I got it for the MY. The install was a pain in the ass. Had to remove the biodefense and remove the negative charge on the battery then the low volt connector in the passenger back rear. All easy. But the annoying part was to put the plug the module back into the MCU. Took an hr for me. Lol. No error codes. App works fine. All the systems work in the car work. Well worth the price. More more responsive and really pulls from 40-70mph. Glad that we can get Tesla in the tuning community!

Reactions: M3Blues