Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added a Hansshow Rear Climate Control & Heated Seat Screen To My 23 MYP (YT Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed the generic Aliexpress version of the small screen last night.

If anyone has found a newer firmware to update the Fahrenheit to whole numbers please let me know! Really wish it would default to rear seat controls on wake up since it is for rear passengers.

If someone would make a retrofit, that had the same size vents, and only 3 buttons to control the seat heating, i would probably go with that one.

Dont like that the kids can control sound volume, A/C temperature, and on some, also the front seat position.

Just installed the generic Aliexpress version of the small screen last night.

If anyone has found a newer firmware to update the Fahrenheit to whole numbers please let me know! Really wish it would default to rear seat controls on wake up since it is for rear passengers.
When you say small screen, which one? 7"? Or the small widescreen one just meant for rear control?

Likewise. A 12-hour clock option and whole numbers for the Fahrenheit temp readout is kind of the "barely passable" quality for me.

I'd PREFER to have one temperature setting option (not always split), theme/font/graphic options, and the ability to lock/remove some features, but I'm not holding my breath there.

I emailed an amazon vendor who was telling amazon reviewers to contact him about firmware updates, so I'll reply if I hear back.

Yeah, I would be happy if the screen was only rear heat and 'turn on rear fan', but features sell gadgets.
Rear heated seats, and rear vent / fan speed.

And offcourse the android part to play movies, and play games.

As long as controlling the temperature, adjusting seats and adjusting volume is not features you can disable, these units are not very interesting for me, with kids in the backseat.

You're driving me crazy.

Link to the product?
Only guessing, but it could be the all new 7½ inch rear seat screen, Hansshow just released.

They seem to be spitting out new units 3-4 times per year.

This one has the same functions as the previous one as far as i can see, and still no possibility to disable certain functions (Volume, temperature, adjust front seats and so on)

Would love to see a screen that mimics what is on the front screen. Eg Music apps, Radio stations etc.

Don’t really care for a screen that has Android functionality personally. I guess Netflix/Prime is nice for kids in back. Or better yet just mirroring.

So, as the title says, I added the new Model 3/Y Rear Climate & Music Control Screen to my 2023 Model Y Performance and overall... pretty sweet mod, and super easy to do.

Take a peak at my 100% uber-professional YT vid below for a little install and review. Humble plug added for extra support coming.... LIKE SUB AND SHARE TOO! Ha!

What's your thoughts?

Given that TMC gives me ENDLESS grief for having an aftermarket stereo (have to sign a "best effort release" before they will work on the car) im wondering what things like this cause when car is under warranty?? anyone have any experiences??

Given that TMC gives me ENDLESS grief for having an aftermarket stereo (have to sign a "best effort release" before they will work on the car) im wondering what things like this cause when car is under warranty?? anyone have any experiences??

For a warranty in the United States to not be honored, Tesla would have to show that the failed part failed because of the mod you did. Example, if the tire failed, they couldnt blame this screen.

So for this item, the screen jumps from the obd II port located at the bottom of the center console. It doesnt tie directly into the computer. Im not sure what Tesla could argue this item could affect, minus the original vent cover, USB's, etc that are a part of this area.

Ive been doing mods on my Tesla(s) since 2019, and have never had anything warranty wise disputed.

Only guessing, but it could be the all new 7½ inch rear seat screen, Hansshow just released.

They seem to be spitting out new units 3-4 times per year.

This one has the same functions as the previous one as far as i can see, and still no possibility to disable certain functions (Volume, temperature, adjust front seats and so on)

I’m interested in this 7.5 inch screen. It has a bigger directional vent. Seems to support BT headphones and controllers for games. Also has an external speaker option, so I could still listen to the radio from the cars stereo while the kids watch their shows. I’m waiting to see some yt videos reviewing this unit before buying it. It’s pricier than the 7.2 inch version. Cheapest I could find is $450.

Reactions: JaeTheDev