Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding Glovebox to the Quick Access ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is indeed ridiculous that there is no glovebox button. My only guess is that there can be a pin to enter and that would appear on the screen anyway. It would be a weird UI if you could press a physical button but it would sometimes pop up a pin dialog elsewhere instead of opening the glovebox...

Why should I have to say, "Honey, could you please ask the glovebox to open?

Yet, those who don't feel not being able to put the glovebox open as one of our quick access choices, tell us passengers who would like it there either:

1. we should just put up with pulling up the home options screen, then pressing the open glovebox, then closing that (and while doing that blocking the map for the driver when the driver might want it left unblocked at that moment) or

2. Not using the storage spot that is right in front of us and which doesn't require the driver moving his arm off the arm rest so that we can access whatever it is we want. Instead these people expect us to put whatever it is that is in the glove box, handy only to the passenger, into one of the centre console storage areas that are handy to both driver and passenger.

In our car, things that the driver might need access to are in the centre console. Stuff that is only needed when the car is stopped (registration info, restaurant gift cards) or by the passenger is kept in the glove box.
So, what will you do?

So what if there are hundreds of things that needs adjusting, does that mean we shouldn’t talk about any ? Your logic can be applied any of the hundreds
Go to the display. Select every option that is available to you. There's your answer.

Biggest point being that most everything requires a LOT less button presses than people like to think AND that one person's "I need a single button press" is another person's "I never use"

But I checked it yesterday, the glovebox requires 2, I repeat TWO button presses to open. Not really that hard.

Reactions: zoomer0056
With the latest code you can drag and drop to the bottom left of the screen for quick access, I just put wipers down at that location
Or you can program the stalk button to do to action
The menu is not meant for frequent action selection
I like both options stated above
Most frequent placed on the screen
Then add to the stalk control less frequent actions

Reactions: cusetownusa
Hi,

There is a very common complaint across the community about Glovebox not being very accessible for obvious reasons. Apparently since 2019, its "work in progress". Meanwhile, was wondering if anybody has suggested or requested (to Elon or anybody else within Tesla) to simply add 'Glovebox' to the Quick Access (favourites) tray ?

We already have settings like Steering heating, Wipers etc so the UI is already there. Can they not just add Glovebox to it with almost no effort ?

PS: I'm not aware of anyway to edit the Quick Access icon and add 'Glovebox' to it
I programmed my left scroll wheel to open glovebox on my Model Y the day that update came out. It is one of my favorite updates. So much more convenient! Thank you Tesla.

Only disadvantage is every time I do a two-button reboot now the box opens ;)