Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advanced Summon Coming Soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting for this feature. The ability to get dropped off at the door of a restaurant or shopping mall and having the car go park itself is VERY appealing! Also, how much safer is it for the car to come get you at the door then walking around a dark parking lot at night trying to find your car? Very cool stuff.

Dan
I’m definitely not attempting that (till I’m sure the kinks are worked out), I’d be wondering what I’d find when exiting the restaurant and expecting a pristine vehicle to summon. Early adoption may have disadvantages in this case, but you’re right it is very appealing.

To me Full Self Driving is just that. Put in a destination and take a nap. I realize that this will probably be rolled out incrementally but anything less than full self driving is just that...NOT full self driving. Seems like enhanced autopilot to me, but that's just me.

Dan
EAP is not EAP yet. Its just a bunch of features put together in a (beta) version of EAP.

FSD is not FSD yet. Its just a bunch of …….."nothing yet".

EAP is not EAP yet. Its just a bunch of features put together in a (beta) version of EAP.

FSD is not FSD yet. Its just a bunch of …….."nothing yet".
Fair enough.

The system is getting more and more useful, whether in "Beta" or not. It will be interesting to see what the first feature is that is released only to people that have purchased FSD and not to people with just EAP.

Dan

Reactions: Garlan Garner

Remove the need to "confirm" Drive-on-nav suggestions, and add the "coming in 6 weeks" advanced summon, and EAP is entirely feature complete from what was promised originally.

Doubtless it'll get increasingly better at performing those features over time, but it'll have every feature it's ever supposed to have.

Anyone know what the capabilities of Advance Summon will include? Is there any rumor around range capabilities?

For example if you live 3 miles from a train station.. can you drive it to train stop, have it return home... then summon it back when you train is a couple minutes from pulling into stop? That becomes a gamechanger!

Anyone know what the capabilities of Advance Summon will include? Is there any rumor around range capabilities?

For example if you live 3 miles from a train station.. can you drive it to train stop, have it return home... then summon it back when you train is a couple minutes from pulling into stop? That becomes a gamechanger!

The version of summon coming in a few weeks is still only intended to operate over relatively short distances on private property.

It should just be able to do so in more than straight lines and with some obstacle avoidance abilities.

Should be exciting! Any idea on "short distances"? Curious if it's more like length of driveway (50') or drive to end of block at neighbors (500'). Either way I'm guessing it's only a matter of time that they extend the range assuming the car isn't smashing into things.

Can't wait!