Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 20" / 8.5" gun metal turbine wheels from evwheelsdirect along with pilot sport as/3 tires. Seems to of increased my energy usage by at least 20 percent over the aero wheels. Going from about 240 kwh/m to 300.

They look real good though :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190413_190826.jpg
    IMG_20190413_190826.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 938
Installed 20" / 8.5" gun metal turbine wheels from evwheelsdirect along with pilot sport as/3 tires. Seems to of increased my energy usage by at least 20 percent over the aero wheels. Going from about 240 kwh/m to 300.

They look real good though :)

Looks goooood. I go back and forth daily on gloss black or gunmetal gray for my wheels on my black 3. Today its in the gunmetal camp. I have an appointment for 4/25 to do them so need to nail it down before then. Your car is in my phone as an example :)

Still need to log more miles to be certain and I only put 900 miles on the stock 20’s. I believe I was getting low 300’s wh/mile with stock setup. So far with this setup I’m about 308-310 wh/mile. At this point I’d assume the same 5-10 wh/mile increase over the stock 20’s as dfwatt. It’s a bigger contact patch and less aero(open face and more aggressive stance) than the stock 20’s. Weight I don’t think has much effect on highway efficiency as it does around town. If efficiency is a concern stay closer to stock specs(width and offset).

Update: With the increase in temps to the 50-60’s my efficiency has gotten better. I’m seeing 280-290 wh/mile on my 40 mile commute to work...today I hit 274 wh/mile. It’s about 90%highway so I’m pretty happy with that. Looking back I think I was actually getting 290 on the stock 20’s. Will see what happens after the next couple weeks...but at this point I’d say I'm getting same if not better efficiency with this setup!

Just got these Brixton RF7 wheels finally delivered yesterday, after preordering and then expected delivery delayed from Feb till Apr. They weighed a bit heavier then was quoted by Brixton (said ~23 lbs front and ~24 lbs rear) using bathroom scale. Now just waiting for CQuartz to apply ceramic coating on the wheels before mounting tires.

Brixton RF7 in Satin Anthracite finish
20×9 +35 @ 26.2 lbs
20×10.5 +40 @ 27.4 lbs

IMG_3971.JPG IMG_3977.JPG

Reactions: JohnC and tracksyde
Has anyone seen a 22 offset on a 19x9 rear wheel? If I'm doing the math right oem wheels are 40 offset. So if people are running 20mm spacers in the rear doesn't that make the wheels 20 offset? I found some used wheels that i like that was on an acura. Any wheel gurus is appreciated.

Has anyone seen a 22 offset on a 19x9 rear wheel? If I'm doing the math right oem wheels are 40 offset. So if people are running 20mm spacers in the rear doesn't that make the wheels 20 offset? I found some used wheels that i like that was on an acura. Any wheel gurus is appreciated.
That’s pretty aggressive offsets, will look odd and stick out a lot if not lowered
Acura/Honda’s iirc are m12’s normally, if aftermarket could be m14 (if it’s smaller can take it to a shop and drill out like some others have done)

19x9 +22 will almost have the same flushness as mpp's 19x10 +35 here
Vendor - MPP Model 3 Build Thread
Tesla-Model-3-Fall-Leaves.jpg

Last edited:

They will poke out 24.4 mm more than the oem wheels. I would say that’s too much if 20 mm spacers are already flush.

We have 6 sets of these wheels in stock. 20x9 and 20x10.5. They're available with Michelin A/S 3+, Pilot Sport 4S, Super Sport, and Cup 2 Tires. If you'd prefer a different tire we can quote you a custom package.
Order a Wheel and Tire Package, and you can save $600.00 off the entire package with Discount Code "Free600". We have 3 sets of Carbon Graphite left in stock!

IMG_7708.jpg