Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Wheels Too Expensive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you looking?

You can spend $1000-$4000 on a set of 4 wheels - what's your budget?

I have 20" Stance SF03 forged wheels on our 2018 M3P - they're around $500/wheel.

I have 20" American Racing AR924 flow-formed wheels on our 2022 M3P - they're more like $300/wheel.

Both nice wheels, though the Stance wheels are lighter and "nicer", IMO. Whether they're worth the extra $$$ is a matter of opinion....

Reactions: Rodney! and MCM3
I was looking at SSR,TSportline,Titan,Stance etc.

Isnt this kind of like saying:

"Hey everyone. Sometimes I get the itch to look at luxury cars. They are so expensive!" Then, when people say "oh I dont know, have you thought about looking at the kia stinger, or perhaps one of the hyundai's?", saying "I was looking at Porsche, BMW , Audis".

Isnt this kind of like saying:

"Hey everyone. Sometimes I get the itch to look at luxury cars. They are so expensive!" Then, when people say "oh I dont know, have you thought about looking at the kia stinger, or perhaps one of the hyundai's?", saying "I was looking at Porsche, BMW , Audis".
Wouldn't think a moderator would give me a hard time for my question.

Hey the good news is none of us really need expensive wheels. If you are after them for looks, there are ones that look nice that aren't too expensive. If you are thinking of the expensive options because they are light, it helps to know that light wheels will do almost nothing to improve range or acceleration performance on our cars. So not much lost.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jpandes and MCM3
Personally, I'd stay FAR away from any wheel that required a centering ring....
Uh this is a silly statement.

No wheel technically requires them... but unless you have a wheel with a 64.1 hub bore with a custom step to 70.1 (not exactly a lot out there) the hub won't be able to be used to center the wheel. I've never used them before but do have them on my street wheels because they came free with them.

Uh this is a silly statement.

No wheel technically requires them... but unless you have a wheel with a 64.1 hub bore with a custom step to 70.1 (not exactly a lot out there) the hub won't be able to be used to center the wheel. I've never used them before but do have them on my street wheels because they came free with them.

The way I see it, it's silly to buy wheels that aren't made in a version that fits your car.

YMMV.

The way I see it, it's silly to buy wheels that aren't made in a version that fits your car.

YMMV.
Great thought if we’re talking about $14,000 HRE’s. Otherwise for common folk that’s pure insanity. Yes let’s disqualify 99.99999% of wheels on the market because the hub bore isn’t custom made to fit the strange Model 3 Performance setup.

Wheels are a pretty universal thing, you find a diameter, width and offset that works for your setup, hub bore is certainly the least important spec as long as it’s not too small.

Reactions: gearchruncher
Personally, I'd stay FAR away from any wheel that required a centering ring....

Meanwhile, a lot of people would say spacers are the thing they would never run with, particularly thick ones, and you should really get your wheel offset right for them to be "made in a version that fits your car", but here we are, with you looking to buy 15/18mm spacers:

I’ve also never spent more than $2K on a set, so…
Meanwhile, I've never spent more than $1,100 on flow formed wheels... (no, your SF03's are not full forged).

Last edited: