Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what "slowed things down temporarily" really means.
It means that they are "temporarily" not able to "ramp up significantly".
Lately, Tesla reminds me of the quote "60% of the time... it works Everytime!"
Everything about this scene is written for Tesla. "What Musk are you going to go with... "
It's no coincidence that Tesla is also "illegal" in some states, just like Odeon SEX panther. Well hello, S E X .. everything matches up!! So I hereby predict Model E will be delivered ON TIME, 20% of the times.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Nismode
Free Air Suspension to existing 75D reservation holders? (click-bait)

Attachments

• fymBw5S.png
    fymBw5S.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
OK. My first post here. I usually just post on Tesla's forum but it's been super quiet over there .

My DS just switched over to someone new so I figured I would ask for an update on my 75D (coil) confirmed on Feb 27th (Had a reservation since 2013). He said he usual gets an update about 2 months prior to delivery. If new orders are getting a July delivery....wouldn't we "confirmed" people have heard something by now? Hope the coil thing is not slowing things down.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
I believe there were a few that upgraded their 75D to 90D in hopes of getting an earlier delivery and they're still waiting as well. Once this QC issue is resolved per Elon's latest statement yesterday, I hope we'll see more VIN assignments to include 75Ds.

OK. My first post here. I usually just post on Tesla's forum but it's been super quiet over there .

My DS just switched over to someone new so I figured I would ask for an update on my 75D (coil) confirmed on Feb 27th (Had a reservation since 2013). He said he usual gets an update about 2 months prior to delivery. If new orders are getting a July delivery....wouldn't we "confirmed" people have heard something by now? Hope the coil thing is not slowing things down.
My DS told me June-july about 3 weeks back. With your DS's statement it would be still be June-July. Oh wait... I forgot to ask what year!
I know they are trying hard but at this point the wait has gotten so long that it's better to forget about the whole thing and just let it happen when it does.. :/

Reactions: vandacca
Call campaign to discuss options? What does that mean? "Can you please order the air suspension? If not we will have to push your order back?"

If it's gratis then they will just do it... Receiving a call regarding this means there must be a deal to be struck here. What a roller-coaster ride this x order experience is.

I did not get a definitive answer as to what those options will be but my personal belief is that you are on the right track. I do not see this coming gratis. I am expecting an offer, possibly at a reduced price, and June/July delivery or we can wait until Q4. This is pure speculation on my part of course.

Reactions: Diavel
If it's gratis then they will just do it.

Not necessarily. It's likely an easy upgrade for most people, but unlike increased battery size there is a segment of customers who would actively prefer coil. Specifically, there are people who prefer the stiffer ride of coil and the lower average repair costs. Even if air and coil had the same upfront cost, swapping to air is a downgrade for those people. (Unlike battery where literally no one would prefer a 70 to a 75 at the same price.)

Given that, Tesla should reach out to customers even if the change to air would be gratis for those that ordered prior to coil becoming required for 6/7 seats.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Diavel and ssq
I called to check-in today. My contact told me a call campaign to discuss our options should be starting very soon (possibly even tomorrow). Has anyone else heard anything?
I have been hearing this call campaign promise for 3 weeks with the same/similar "as soon as tomorrow" phrases thrown in. Then someone was told there will be an executive decision taken two weeks or so back. Anyhow, I am not getting my hopes high.. Damnit, I am lying.. :confused:

Reactions: Brandon332
Not necessarily. It's likely an easy upgrade for most people, but unlike increased battery size there is a segment of customers who would actively prefer coil. Specifically, there are people who prefer the stiffer ride of coil and the lower average repair costs. Even if air and coil had the same upfront cost, swapping to air is a downgrade for those people. (Unlike battery where literally no one would prefer a 70 to a 75 at the same price.)

Given that, Tesla should reach out to customers even if the change to air would be gratis for those that ordered prior to coil becoming required for 6/7 seats.
You bring up a good argument. I would have not thought this way since by default most/majority have been thinking of air suspension as an upgrade. I understand that someone could get upset if this was forced upon them and possibly state breach of terms of order etc. Good point, the call campaign is also mandated as an FYI for the customer.

I have been hearing this call campaign promise for 3 weeks with the same/similar "as soon as tomorrow" phrases thrown in. Then someone was told there will be an executive decision taken two weeks or so back. Anyhow, I am not getting my hopes high.. Damnit, I am lying.. :confused:

Completely agree. I am skeptical as well given past statements but I am anxious to put this issue to bed.

Update - I can confirm that Tesla has reached a decision today and will begin reaching out to customers that have been impacted. I have been asked not to disclose the actual details as Tesla would like to be the one to communicate the news, however I will say that the resolution is indeed fair and provides options to what fits each customer's unique situation. Again, sorry if this isn't much help, but at least you know the decision and go forward plan has been established.

damn- i hate fair... just give me my car on time, no changes and not pushed back. thats what i say is fair. But i highly doubt that this is the option, otherwise there would be no need for a call.

you might as well just share with us since itll come out anyways. or if you can, pm me! :D

I just received the call from TM, so basically I can pay to upgrade the air suspension for 1200 and get a June delivery, or keep my coil suspension and expect a Sept delivery. I told her I would think about it and talk to my wife, but I am pretty sure we'll stick with the Sept delivery. Their promise on dates is questionable and could be a sales tactic.

BTW I configured my 75D on 1/15/16.

Reactions: mlouie23