Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe that is the case. The moving friction coefficient of the tire against the road, while maybe 30% to 50% smaller than the static friction coefficient of the same tire against the road, is much much greater than the rolling resistance of a set of free rolling wheels, which have bearings for a reason.

Just try to apply the brake on the trailer and toll it. Once the trailer moves the wheels lost traction, but it still excert much greater resistance comparing to when no brake is applied.

That is all true, but rolling resistance != coefficient of friction, which was my only point. Less a disagreement with your actual point and more a correction of a minor technical point :)

Please, somebody start manufacturing these cybernutz to hang at the back of Cybertrucks:
b23ecmh98o041.jpg

Let's say in year 2022, driver A ordered a traditional gasoline pickup truck with some upgrade features. He pays $700 a months for the truck, and he pays $400~800 for gasoline each months. After 6 years, the truck is paid off, gasoline spending continues for the next 10 years.

Driver B ordered an electric pickup truck, pays $700 a months for the truck, electricity costs is $50~100 a month. After 6 years, the e-truck is paid off, continue to pay electricity for the next 10 years.

In the end, driver A with gasoline truck would pay an extra $67k ~ $134k compared with driver B.

Meanwhile, driver B with Cybertruck enjoys automatic air suspension, onboard air compressor without taking extra space, 120V and 240V power supply, the truck also works as backup power in case there is a power outrage. Bullet proof stainless surface; super strong glass; electric trunk cover; autopilot......

Each year 2.7 million new ICE pickup trucks are sold in the US. I guess lots of them will be interested in electric trucks. No pickup drivers say "I love wasting money on gasoline."

From Wikipedia:

• 209.3 in (5,316.2 mm) (Regular cab 6.5' box)
  • 227.9 in (5,788.7 mm) (Regular cab 8' box)
  • 231.9 in (5,890 mm) (SuperCab 6.5' box/SuperCrew 5.5' box)
  • 243.7 in (6,190 mm) (SuperCrew 6.5' box)
  • 250.5 in (6,363 mm) (SuperCab 8' box)
Compared to the Cybertruck (231.7”) the comparable SuperCrew 6.5’ box is 1 foot longer.

And for the descriptions (same Wikipedia page):
In line with its predecessor, the thirteenth-generation F-150 is sold with three cab configurations (two-door standard cab, 2+2 door SuperCab, four-door SuperCrew), with rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive (4x4). Three bed lengths are available (dependent on cab configuration): 5½ feet (SuperCrew, all Raptors), 6½ feet (all except Raptor), 8 feet (Regular cab, SuperCab).

Thank you. I also saw this in one of the YouTube comments:

Ford: 231.9 in long, 79.9 in wide, 75.6 in high.
Tesla: 231.7 in long, 79.8 in wide, 75.0 in high.