Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery event on Thursday, and already someone is trying to flip one. I'd be curious to see how much this actually sells for, but unfortunately, it being listed on Craigslist, I don't think we'll get much insight:

I think he's unloading the wrong item.

But the story might be apocryphal. 'My wife is making me do it' is a better sales message than 'I'm a greedy bastard'.

Last edited:
Delivery event on Thursday, and already someone is trying to flip one. I'd be curious to see how much this actually sells for, but unfortunately, it being listed on Craigslist, I don't think we'll get much insight:

EDIT: Removing the link just in case it's a Bitcoin scam, but here's the text and image copied for posterity:

View attachment 996346
That is interesting. I wonder why, besides the obvious desire to turn a profit. I wonder if he quickly tired of all the attention or others “testing” the durability of the door panels and glass? Perhaps that “Steer by wire,” is not what it’s all cracked up to be? There was one owner/reviewer that reported, at low speeds, it kinda sucks… Sadly, we will never know why this was put up for sale, unless the owner is released from NDA obligations.

It's in the description. It didn't fit in his garage or with his wife.
Just saw that, thanks. But that’s kinda hard to believe. Its looks didn’t really change in the past four years and now the wife doesn’t like it? She liked it enough to give him $110,000 to buy it last week…. Could be a fake listing, or not - if not, I suspect there is much more to the story that an NDA would not allow him to tell… my money is on that.

Just saw that, thanks. But that’s kinda hard to believe. Its looks didn’t really change in the past four years and now the wife doesn’t like it? She liked it enough to give him $110,000 to buy it last week…. Could be a fake listing, or not - if not, I suspect there is much more to the story that an NDA would not allow him to tell… my money is on that.

I doubt there's an NDA. Probably just rich and famous people that are too busy to give updates to us plebs.

One of the verified delivery-takers was Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit:

EDIT: Removing the link just in case it's a Bitcoin scam (they're requesting a non-refundable $10 BTC transfer to be taken seriously), but here's the text and image copied for posterity:

View attachment 996346

If she tells you to sell the truck, you're selling the truck.

1660055195038.jpg

Nobody mentions that Cybertruck has no USS, and therefore no reliable parking assistance, autopark etcetera.

(Yes, it's got a front bumper cam, but muddy cameras < USS)
Apparently, it has a wiper fluid squirter to clear the front (bumper) camera, so assuming that the flow is strong enough (and certainly the area of a camera is pretty small so a high pressure small spray might be pretty effective), mud shouldn't be a problem (assuming you clean it before it cakes on... which might be automatic eventually, one might guess)

Last edited:
?! That list misses what is IMO the biggest one of them all - Bidirectional charging! Heck for that matter, does the Rivian even have a 240v outlet?

Based on this spreadsheet, it doesn't seem like the Rivian has a 240v outlet.

View attachment 996546
I have a Rivian R1T; it does not have a 240v plug - however, Rivian says an update/hardware is coming to use the truck's pack as a house backup. When, who knows. Same for the Cybertruck. Both companies are saying their trucks will unlock this, but yet nothing real hardware wise exists (for other brand). It's also not clear what the true of cost this feature will be as neither company has "priced" or even "shown" the hardware that will be required on the house side.

If you Google the matter, several articles pop up. Here's an excerpt from two of of them -

"Now, Rivian is a unique car company in many ways, but its willingness to answer questions from owners (and prospective buyers) is one of its greatest assets. Last week, in response to a Reddit thread of questions, the company claimed that every vehicle it’s built has the proper hardware for this kind of two-way charging — the trucks just need a software update to make the hardware work. That’s it.

If Rivian’s representatives are to be believed, it’ll be a victory for Rivian owners who have had to endure the harsh, mocking glares of Ford Lightning owners for too long. No longer will they be looked down upon by the Blue Oval owners, and instead can look them in the eyes, confident as an upstart with one-way-charging-only EVs."

"Rivian confirmed in April 2022 to TechCrunch that its existing vehicles (both the R1T and R1S) already have the capability to feed power back into a house and other EVs. Yesterday, a Rivian spokesperson confirmed in a Reddit post that the company intends to not only update existing vehicles to make use of its V2H hardware, but Rivian also won't use a proprietary connection system once standards become available. This means that once there are standards in place, you won't need a Rivian-specific home system for it to work. As of now, there is no existing timeframe for when the standards are available or when Rivian intends to update its vehicles."

Note: Rivian/RJ is/are willing to answer questions. We all know Tesla/Elon is/are just the opposite. I know, I know..... "Never let the facts ruin a good story," right?.

Last edited:
?! That list misses what is IMO the biggest one of them all - Bidirectional charging! Heck for that matter, does the Rivian even have a 240v outlet?

Based on this spreadsheet, it doesn't seem like the Rivian has a 240v outlet.

View attachment 996546
Cherry-picked models and data to spin a specific story (CT is GREAT); not Apples to Apples (since Tesla used and delivered only Cyberbeast trucks for the stunts this table should be Cyberbeast vs. R1T Quad motor vs. Lightning Platinum). For example, My 2022 Rivian R1T (the one that has been out for four years) is rated 0-60 in 3s, not 4.5s. Over 900HP (more than the CyberBeast), etc., etc. Like the Charlatan's fake 911 1/4 mile drag video (debunked by experts and posted in another thread), this one too is "doctored" to make CT looks wonderful.

And, Lest us not forget, Tesla has had four years to study the Rivian and Ford products that have been on streets for nearly three years. CT may get to that point, sometime "in 2024".

Kind of amazing, really, what lengths (e.g., to create such an elaborate and "professional looking" table) these shills will go to in order to win favor from their demigod (also to cash in). They are definitely in 'double-time " mode trying to keep lipstick on this pig.

Last edited:
We have a leaf with no ultrasonics but it has Birds Eye camera view. I’d take the Birds Eye camera over USS any day.
Love the Birdseye view in my Rivian R1T as well. Why can Tesla offer this in all of its models?! When I get in my Plaid, I really miss the Birdseye view when trying to park the thing. But, but, I have farts sounds and videos in the Plaid which is ahead of Rivian in that regard....

Reactions: scottf200