Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not believe that is accurate. Do you have any facts and data to substantiate? How would you even see, using a rearview mirror, with the tonneau closed?!

lol, do you have facts and data that says that it doesn't have a removable rear view mirror?

Not sure what video you watched but in at least one of the youtuber videos they mention that it comes with a removable mirror. Plus On the Tesla website it shows the rear view mirror. Also, on the videos of current owners you can clearly see a rear view mirror.

To answer your question about how to see using a rear view mirror with the Tonneau closed...without trying to state the obvious and coming off snarky, you can't, just like if you had a load in the bed blocking your view, or if you fill your SUV up with crap that blocks your view. That's why there is a digital rear view display on the main screen.

There is no rearview mirror in the CT. Regs wise, same ones that forced Tesla to put those ugly triangle side mirrors on the truck.

You don't know what you are talking about, the CT most definitely comes with a rear view mirror. It is blocked when the tonneau is closed but there is a rectangular rearview camera popup (moveable) which displays at the top of the center screen.

You don't know what you are talking about, the CT most definitely comes with a rear view mirror. It is blocked when the tonneau is closed but there is a rectangular rearview camera popup (moveable) which displays at the top of the center screen.
Yep
If the passenger side has a convex mirror, it must ship with an interior rear view mirror. Even if it is completely useless.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
It’s hardly revolutionary - our 2006 Honda Ridgeline has them - but the fold-up rear seats are a very handy feature, and it’s nice the CyberTruck has them.

53377046192_3f282d554b_z.jpg

Our rear seats live in the “up” position, except the rare instances we have rear seat passengers. Handy for trips to recycle, where trash/garbage go in the bed and paper/plastic/cardboard fit nicely in the back, where we don’t have to worry about stuff blowing out. And big enough for boxes if we have to transport stuff in the rain.

They even mentioned it in the Top Gear review. It was removed, but comes with the truck.
I watched the interior chapter only - as that is what I was interested in. Think it started around 20:00 minutes in. Anyway, it has a mirror, one that is removable! Got it…

Re your bed full of stuff analogy, I think that is a poor one, in my opinion. Why? On my Rivian, the tonneau is closed 95% of the time - to keep bed contents from the weather. My bed in not filled with stuff past my rear window 95% of the time. Using the CT the same way, I might as well remove the mirror as it would be useless 95% of the time.

It’s hardly revolutionary - our 2006 Honda Ridgeline has them - but the fold-up rear seats are a very handy feature, and it’s nice the CyberTruck has them.

53377046192_3f282d554b_z.jpg

Our rear seats live in the “up” position, except the rare instances we have rear seat passengers. Handy for trips to recycle, where trash/garbage go in the bed and paper/plastic/cardboard fit nicely in the back, where we don’t have to worry about stuff blowing out. And big enough for boxes if we have to transport stuff in the rain.
The ford Lightning fold up backseat is awesome, it has a flat floor space which is very easy to clean. I agree it is often up or at most 1 seat down. When the Komondor is riding with us that is basically his spot for the trip.

We have seen at least one guy pay $400k for an early Cybertruck at the Peterson Museum Auction but selling high priced Cybertrucks first is a smart way to hamper flippers. And not the dumb way of making every customer sign an agreement not to sell their Cybertruck for a year.

Reactions: jebinc
Could Farley be the next CEO Elon would want as the SpaceX/Mars plans become more active?
He seems to get it and is working with a very weak hand at Ford, trying to turn them. Unlike the guy at VW Farley seems to be able to actually lead Ford. He can't work miracles but the bit he can do he seems to do and if that means cooperating with Tesla, he does it. He's the one that tried to partner with CATL with the innovative battery investment/license deal that EM promptly copied. The Ford Lightning, despite flaws, is very functional and and a great truck.

He seems to get it and is working with a very weak hand at Ford, trying to turn them. Unlike the guy at VW Farley seems to be able to actually lead Ford. He can't work miracles but the bit he can do he seems to do and if that means cooperating with Tesla, he does it. He's the one that tried to partner with CATL with the innovative battery investment/license deal that EM promptly copied. The Ford Lightning, despite flaws, is very functional and and a great truck.
Elon, put Farley on your short list.

• Funny
Reactions: STUtoday
Copper can corrode if subject to chemicals or pollution. Because the wire will be insulated, this shouldn't be an issue. I believe they are thinking of really thin copper wire, the wire in the CT will be thinner but not fine.
If Gen 3 goes with the flat-flex type wiring system, they may achieve fine (as in PCB trace levels of copper reduction).
Cybertruck looks to have conventional harness design so probably sticking with the 0.35mm² minimum.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33 and jebinc