Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm enjoying seeing what crazy things people are doing with the Cybertruck:

Like breaking front suspension components. šŸ˜¬
1707943886469.jpeg

Doesnā€™t look quite right.

Any idea on how much that would cost (wrap then clear coat)?

That seems like a big expense that I would rather not do but can see why people would. For the people that don't do that it seems based on the little information we have, that this will be difficult to keep clean.
Thatā€™s going to vary with product used quality etcā€¦

Iā€™m thinking of a personalized one-of-a-kind design wrap, which will add cost. And Iā€™ll definitely go with a ceramic with a lifetime warranty - which means multiple coats and yearly checkups.

I donā€™t recall how much the lifetime ceramic was on my Model 3 - I want to say $1500 but donā€™t quote me. Whatever I paid was worth it. After a bath, the car looks spankinā€™!

trigger pulled
yeah ā€¦ yeah ā€¦ just have figure out how to pay for it ā€¦. when i bought my model S i paid more than i ever dreamed for a vehicle and it gave me an information advantage to go big into TSLA which made up for MS price in spades ā€¦ thinking a similar opportunity may present itself owning an early cybertruck ... i first wanted a model S in 2014 and waited till 2017 ā€¦ that waiting cost me huge potential gains in TSLA ...because i did not own the car and did not have conviction in TSLA to go all in... conviction came owning the car ... and driving in the future before others
1707959084232.png

you're still here? You get some sort of pleasure from posting negatively or something?
I'd feel much better if I could lie to myself.
BTW how are you all feeling today?
I'd really love to be here trying to figure out when my 2019 design Cyber(NOTA)truck would be available.
Ya all should be the ones that are the most upset and worried.
I'm actually hoping Tesla acknowledges their failures, and they make an effort to turn the ship. But I am not going to stand on the bow with Dicaprio

stainless-steel-cloud-gate-sculpture-4-1.jpg

This stainless sculpture has been outside in Chicago for 20 years. Where's the rust? šŸ¤”
If itā€™s polished, itā€™s already more corrosion resistant than a CT because a rough surface holds contaminants more than a smooth surface.

The YouTube video about ā€œrail dustā€ is about how tiny specks of literal metal particles stick and embed to the CT metal and then leave a stain as they oxidize away.

That fixture didnā€™t ride on a train or was polished clean on site. Particles are less likely to stick to begin with. Plus, itā€™s probably cleaned regularly of dust, dirt, water marks, and bird *sugar*.

Reactions: Hiline
I'd really love to be here trying to figure out when my 2019 design Cyber(NOTA)truck would be available.
I'm actually hoping Tesla acknowledges their failures, and they make an effort to turn the ship. But I am not going to stand on the bow with Dicaprio
I wish I had failures like that. Mine usually involve child support or handcuffs.

Is there info on how much it adds to electricity usage to park and charge an EV outside year-round in a four season climate vs. a garage?

I've had bad experiences with rodent damage on ICE vehicles parked in my driveway. I wonder if an EV would fare worse due to battery heat when charging.

(All options I've thought of for changes for me to accommodate a CT are unappealing.)

Is there info on how much it adds to electricity usage to park and charge an EV outside year-round in a four season climate vs. a garage?

I've had bad experiences with rodent damage on ICE vehicles parked in my driveway. I wonder if an EV would fare worse due to battery heat when charging.

(All options I've thought of for changes for me to accommodate a CT are unappealing.)
I've been parking my Tesla outside since 2013. Mostly it's too hot here (35-45C), cabin overheat is on. I'd say any additional is minimal. I'm not sure why anyone would park a truck inside anyway unless it's located in a high crime area.

Reactions: Fred42
b

i have a MS and charge outside of urban house and rural house upstate NY ... year round

critter issue : upstate NY they chewed the home charger cable ... small amount on surface only

that has been my only issue in 7 years.. so i don't understand what your concern is

CT will be able to charge both homes as a mobile backup battery .... cant wait to get rid of my gasoline generators

Edit: i did hear from a friend with a model Y that he had a rodent chew some cable ... i forget exactly which cable it was

Reactions: madodel and Fred42
b

i have a MS and charge outside of urban house and rural house upstate NY ... year round

critter issue : upstate NY they chewed the home charger cable ... small amount on surface only

that has been my only issue in 7 years.. so i don't understand what your concern is

CT will be able to charge both homes as a mobile backup battery .... cant wait to get rid of my gasoline generators

Edit: i did hear from a friend with a model Y that he had a rodent chew some cable ... i forget exactly which cable it was
Critters chewed through the plastic gas feed and return lines on my truck's fuel tank.
Rustic campsites up north have parking areas with metal clad knee walls and gates to keep critters from chewing brake lines..

now for your electricity consumption question ... i think it is noise in the grand scheme of things... 20 degree delta T between garage and ambient outdoor air ... for how many days ? ...

far more important to be able to charge at home(garage or outside) off peak vs at supercharger or other public charger ...

If itā€™s polished, itā€™s already more corrosion resistant than a CT because a rough surface holds contaminants more than a smooth surface.

The YouTube video about ā€œrail dustā€ is about how tiny specks of literal metal particles stick and embed to the CT metal and then leave a stain as they oxidize away.

That fixture didnā€™t ride on a train or was polished clean on site. Particles are less likely to stick to begin with. Plus, itā€™s probably cleaned regularly of dust, dirt, water marks, and bird *sugar*.

"The lower 6 feet (1.8 m) of Cloud Gate is wiped down twice a day by hand, while the entire sculpture is cleaned twice a year with 40 U.S. gallons (33 imp gal; 150 L) of liquid detergent. The daily cleanings use a Windex-like solution, while the semi-annual cleanings use Tide.[43] A notable February 2009 incident saw two names etched in letters about 1 inch (25 mm) tall on the northeast side of the curved sculpture. The graffiti was removed by the same firm that did the original polishing."

Ya gotta find a new level of "HUH?" when you look at how far the Cyberturd's Stainless steel surface has gone from "it won't even need washing. Just let it for a nice natural honest patina."
To Wrapping, ceramic coating, buffing, washing as soon as you get it, etc etc etephingsetera.

All the key points of the cyberturd add up to a negative number. A large negative.

you sure spend a lot of time on the ship to tell people you dont want to be on the ship.

I actually have some respect for people who hate something enough to just walk away. Vote with ur time, money or both. You are not influencing Tesla in any way, shape or form with your daily rants around here.