Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got to sit in CT at Paramus NJ delivery center this past weekend ... place was packed ... had to wait i while to get into truck ... this truck is the best Tesla promotion and awareness campaign ever ... genius .. and to boot they will sell millions

Attachments

• CT4.jpg
    CT4.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 28
  • CT3.jpg
    CT3.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 17
  • CT2.jpg
    CT2.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 14
  • CT1.jpg
    CT1.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 19
Hello, folks.
I'm on my second Model X (a 2018 100 d and my newer 2022 X refresh - mit der yoke). Saw a CT in California while we were charging the Blue Bat and was so impressed that I ordered one. The CT, not another X.
There was a 'waiting room' for folks who had ordered a new X. The X Waiting Room. Is there a similar waiting room for those of us who have ordered a CT??

regards,

Bob

…Is there a similar waiting room for those of us who have ordered a CT??

General Cybertruck Waiting Room

Dual Motot Foundation Specific

Deliveries

Last edited:
Cybertruck hit 327 kW at third party 800V charger. Source is Benzinga, not sure if legit but here it is:

Actually, the source is a Nxu Energy press release that Benzinga is just republishing: NxuOne™ Makes History as the First Reported Third-Party Charging System to Harness Tesla Cybertruck's 800V Architecture | Nxu Inc.

MESA, Ariz., March 05, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nxu, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXU) (“Nxu”, “the company”), a domestic technology company specializing in innovative EV charging and energy storage solutions, proudly announces a groundbreaking achievement. The company has successfully harnessed the full power of the Tesla Cybertruck's 800V Architecture, setting an industry precedent.

Building on the recent milestone of the successful charging of a Tesla Cybertruck at the NxuOne™ Charging Station, the Nxu team embarked on an ambitious testing phase. Rigorous sessions with multiple Cybertrucks utilizing the NxuOne™ Charging System, the industry's only universal, dual-technology solution for public charging, resulted in a significant accomplishment – a remarkable 327kW charging rate, maximizing the Tesla Cybertruck’s capabilities.

Mark Hanchett, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Nxu, expressed pride in the team's achievements, stating, "The Nxu team has worked incredibly hard to validate the charging power of our NxuOne™ Charging System in real-world scenarios. We believe we’ve created one of the fastest charging units available today, and now we have the data to substantiate those claims. Our aim is to enhance the EV charging ecosystem by providing reliable and fast charging solutions for every make, model, or size of EV. The Cybertruck charging sessions are a huge step towards realizing that goal."

Recent charging sessions conducted by Nxu demonstrated consistent charging data reaching as high as 327kW, solidifying Nxu's position as a pioneer in high-speed EV charging. Comparatively, the highest known charge rate of 253kW was provided by Out of Spec Reviews at a Tesla Supercharger. The company will continue testing the charging capacity of the NxuOne™ Charging System on other 800V architecture vehicles.​

It sounds like they have had multiple Cybertrucks charge on their system.

I thought it would be much faster
Why? It was well known it would lie on top of the 250kW curve above ~25% SOC. Frequently discussed and widely acknowledged.

Just the way things work. The only limitation was the pack above ~25%.

If Tesla is holding back, it is going to affect both curves if/when they do any unlock, and until a significant portion of the curve can be above 250kW, the higher power chargers won’t help very much. Don’t hold your breath though.