Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Nikola Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Christ sake, Everyday Astronnaut live blogging of Crew Dragon Demo-2 launch was taken down by YouTube for copyright claim, for guess what..?

For having the Star Spangled Banner theme music playing in the background when the Trump visited NASA

For Christ sake, Everyday Astronnaut live blogging of Crew Dragon Demo-2 launch was taken down by YouTube for copyright claim, for guess what..?

For having the Star Spangled Banner theme music playing in the background when the Trump visited NASA

Not the same thing, that was automatic contend id system flagging automatically (annoying still). Nikola's case it's done manually to silence critics, and clear misuse of copyright system for censorship.

Nkla up 5% after management said they are still on track with their plans.

1_oNpxoHyG508jVDDUt5W4Cg.png

Paycheck protection program. Saw a segment of TM on CNBC. Makes me wonder now too
Almost every company in the US got a piece of it, big or small, eligible or not. I know it because we couldn't get into that with our really affected small businesses - banks were too busy giving out cash to large companies, law firms, hedge funds, cpa offices, just plain scammers and other entities affected by covid. It is capped at $10m as far as I remember

I am somewhat convinced if GM moves forward with a deal with Nikola they are only doing the transaction to have the $7500 tax credit apply to a vehicle they manufacture. This is pure financial games instead of focusing on engineering a competitive and compelling BEV. Ultimately this strategy will fail as they need to find a way to make a competitive product without the tax credit much like Tesla is doing now. Unfortunately GM squandered almost all their tax credits on the Volt which left them very few to build critical mass on a pure BEV.

I am somewhat convinced if GM moves forward with a deal with Nikola they are only doing the transaction to have the $7500 tax credit apply to a vehicle they manufacture. This is pure financial games instead of focusing on engineering a competitive and compelling BEV. Ultimately this strategy will fail as they need to find a way to make a competitive product without the tax credit much like Tesla is doing now. Unfortunately GM squandered almost all their tax credits on the Volt which left them very few to build critical mass on a pure BEV.

There are other benefits to moving forward, even not considering the tax credit per vehicle.

It gives GM a new "brand" which they can consider rolling into their umbrella in the future that has a different look, feel, and image than any current GM lines (although that image is a bit tarnished by recent events). Branding alone may be worth more to them than anything else. GM has tried this before in the past with the "Saturn" brand and how they ran that at arm's length compared to their other brands.

There are other benefits to moving forward, even not considering the tax credit per vehicle.

It gives GM a new "brand" which they can consider rolling into their umbrella in the future that has a different look, feel, and image than any current GM lines (although that image is a bit tarnished by recent events). Branding alone may be worth more to them than anything else. GM has tried this before in the past with the "Saturn" brand and how they ran that at arm's length compared to their other brands.

So far for the small number of people mainly in the EV world that know the brand, Nikola=Fraud

To me that would be a bizarre way to get a new brand name for your products. I think GM could come up with something on their own if they want a new brand name for EV's.

So far for the small number of people mainly in the EV world that know the brand, Nikola=Fraud

To me that would be a bizarre way to get a new brand name for your products. I think GM could come up with something on their own if they want a new brand name for EV's.

Look through this thread, and talk to people outside the EV world. Much to everyone's dismay here, they still "respect" Nikola.

Baffling, I know, but just goes to show you the general level of ignorance.