Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Nikola Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I have said many times the most fair way to design these credits, are not the current credit cap per company, but keep a common pool of 2 million credits open for all, first come first served.

Could not agree more. OEM's would have an incentive to get to volume sooner and think where Tesla would be if the tax credit has not stopped almost 2 years ago.

Mark Russell, Former President and COO of Worthington Ind.

How come Worthington Ind. keeps coming up? Picks up dHybrid from TM, WI Ventures as early investor into NKLA, and Mark Russell? Clearly its Worthington personnel along with TM trying to rob NKLA and run like bandits.

Worthington gave Trevor $2 million seed investment to setup Nikola, and they were the only ones who were allowed to sell shares earlier than the December deadline after IPO and they already sold what they were allowed making $488 million profit out of that $2 million investment:

I’ve so far watched only the first 60 seconds of that, so perhaps am missing something vital, but I wanted to step in to say this Step Plan being discussed is their Commercial Truck plan - so the touted bombshell that the Badger no longer is to exist......is not supported by the lack of evidence.

Perhaps the commentator redeems himself further in the video.

Reactions: Electroman
Here it is: https://nikolamotor.com/press_releases/nikola-executing-strategy-and-vision-to-deliver-innovative-technology-energy-and-transportation-solutions-98
No - that's a good link. The crux of that press release is this:

We operate in three business units: Truck, Energy and Powersports.

1. Truck Business Unit: Developing and commercializing BEV and FCEV Class 8 trucks that provide environmentally friendly, cost-effective solutions to the short-haul, medium-haul and long-haul trucking sectors.
  2. Energy Business Unit: Developing and constructing a network of hydrogen fueling stations to meet hydrogen fuel demand for our FCEV and other customers, including potential charging solutions for BEV customers.
  3. Powersports Business Unit: Developing electric vehicle solutions for outdoor recreational applications.
And...correct: there is nothing referring to a passenger light truck.

Just saw this article today, and the picture made me reminiscence about what Trevor Milton might have announced with a "this is done - done" given a rendering of this quality:

Tesla-bus-boring-company.jpg

I hear his future present tense description now....

• Funny
Reactions: ZsoZso
Nikola talking about going forward without GM. I guess they can see where things are headed.

Nikola Shares Plunge After CEO Says Startup Can Go It Alone

Talks between the two companies are ongoing, but if a tentative technology-sharing and manufacturing deal announced last month falls apart, Nikola will revert to a “base plan” without GM’s help, CEO Mark Russell said in an interview Thursday.

“We have the ability and we have a base plan of doing it ourselves. If we have a partner, that just enables us to consider going faster and helps reduce the risk,” he said. “We’ve proven that over the years that we are a partnership company when those things are available to us.”

GM spokesman Jim Cain declined to comment.