Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All US Cars capable of FSD will be enabled for one month trial this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Third drive, last report. 2022 yoked MSLR, USS, 2024.3.10, v12.3.3. 15 mile city and rural. I've learned how to use FSD (supervised) in just three drives. Very nice, awesome!

The car made lane changes and also responded to me actuating turn signal to change lanes. Very very nice.

The car saw and slightly moved over for a cyclist and a road worker!

One fail. Car approached too hot into parking lot with steep incline. To protect the front end I tapped brakes to slow down. Easy peasy.

The car has a lead foot when accelerating to max speed. That's why I'm controlling max speed with the scroll wheel. Can dial it down from take off, then dial it up to cruising speed. That works great.

I routinely wear a ball cap and polarized sun glasses. So far in three trips, I've not received even one "pay attention" alert. I also keep my hands on the yoke. My beautiful wife has been in the car each drive. She just keeps talking without interruption .... like this FSD (supervised) is the norm. Happy wife, happy life.

I like FSD (supervised) and give it a B+. Kudos to and much respect for Tesla!

However, for me, I would rather drive the car myself. I like driving and don't see I'll ever want more than TACC.

Last edited:
That's why I'm controlling max speed with the scroll wheel. Can dial it down from take off, then dial it up to cruising speed. That works great.
Someone with a Corvette Logo as their profile pic is annoyed at how fast it accelerates?
Sounds so much easier than driving yourself ;)

FSD (supervised)
I love how Tesla has gaslighted us into this parenthetical when in 2016 the story was "The driver is only there for legal reasons"

What does 24 branches mean?

It means software starting with 2024. See TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker. FSD is apparently not on all software releases. And you cannot go backwards in level - if you are on 2024.8.7 you cannot go to the older version of 2024.3.10 (the latest FSD v12 version). You have to wait until FSD is released on something newer than 2024.8.7 in this example.
My 2020 model 3 is on 2024.8.7. Does that mean mid-April I might get the FSD trial?
Maybe. Elon only knows and apparently customer questions really bother him. Anything else is a guess but you usually hear rumors from social media influencers first (and LOTS of bad guesses top).

If considering subscription I'd wait until it was reality.

So far, I’m liking FSD for what it is, reducing driver workload, but not eliminating it. You still need to babysit. If you engage the autopilot in an airplane, you need to pay more attention. A 747 400 pilot told me it’s more stress on landing because you have to check every move and take control if needed. The big difference is an airplane at altitude has room for some error, but on roads it would be similar to the landing phase of an aircraft, absolutely no room for error. I do believe you can learn the system well enough to engage FSD at the right time. I think FSD was created for driver entertainment purposes. You can’t disengage your mind and allow it to make mistakes, as you will be blamed for consequences.

Last edited:
If any of the above comments are true, "SFSD" will put me at a greater risk of road rage. Plenty of Tesla hate outside of my home town. I have had some one try to run me off the road and rap my bumper at three digits for no reason on a deserted freeway in the middle of the night.
They are and I am sure a couple of people have been on the cusp of honking at me while trying FSD.

I continue to be impressed by my trial, but it goes RIGHT AT the speed limit unless you continually set the max speed higher every few minutes (in which case it will go 5 mph above). Then it very unhelpfully will go back to the speed limit again, which in many parts of my city is absolutely unheard of and nobody does. With that said there is a part in my town that goes from 35 to 55 and cops regularly sit right at the sign. Today it was going 55 and despite great signage it waited almost until we hit the 35 before slowing, so at one point I was going 48 in the 35.

Reactions: aerodyne
...but it goes RIGHT AT the speed limit unless you continually set the max speed higher every few minutes (in which case it will go 5 mph above). Then it very unhelpfully will go back to the speed limit again, which in many parts of my city is absolutely unheard of and nobody does. With that said there is a part in my town that goes from 35 to 55 and cops regularly sit right at the sign. Today it was going 55 and despite great signage it waited almost until we hit the 35 before slowing, so at one point I was going 48 in the 35.
Sounds like you need to adjust the AP Offset. From the NA Model 3 manual (but it is the same for all cars). I won't say what percent I use, but it is higher than zero

1712089001036.png

I'm glad we're getting a chance to try out FSD for free. Mom is a bit nervous about it, but she's not very technical to begin with. I hope I get to drive it myself before the end of the month. Seeing how my dog reacts to the Light Show, I am excited to see how she reacts to the car actually coming to me when I call it and no one is in the driver's seat.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I'm glad we're getting a chance to try out FSD for free. Mom is a bit nervous about it, but she's not very technical to begin with. I hope I get to drive it myself before the end of the month. Seeing how my dog reacts to the Light Show, I am excited to see how she reacts to the car actually coming to me when I call it and no one is in the driver's seat.
Just take sure there’s nothing around to hit. Plenty people have crashed their cars with summon on here.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I've had summon (with EAP) for a while now (~3 years) and have never once even come close to hitting anything.

Admittedly it's never crashed my car either, but it also rarely delivers the car anywhere near where I am.

Admittedly it's never crashed my car either, but it also rarely delivers the car anywhere near where I am.
  1. Congratulations: you found what are most probably staged or otherhow misleading videos (why would people be filming it?)
    • Even if not staged, the users are still idiots for letting it get to those points. You literally have to actively hold the button on your phone for it to move and the moment you take it off, the car stops. If I ever saw my car getting that close to an object, I would be stopping
  2. I've never had it fail coming right to me. I mean I might have to walk a couple of steps to get to the driver's door, but I am not expecting it to come to where I don't even need to take a step.