Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All US Cars capable of FSD will be enabled for one month trial this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, now been two weeks, most cars I know of don't have the trial. This includes model 3s. What is the current theory on why not?
Interesting. Everyone I know who wasn't already on 2024.8.7 got the trial that first day it launched. This was on two 2019 M3s, a 2023 MY and my 2022 MY. Only my one friend who had already got the 8.7 a week or so ago doesn't have it yet. Which is expected from what we know about FSD's base branch to date.

Maybe it first goes to people who have setup their car to their home WiFi...
I will say that this particular detail is most likely not a deciding factor. ALL of my updates since 2019 have been via my cell phone's hot spot (my garage is too far from my router) and I received the update on Easter Sunday. Admittedly, this on the down slope of the bell curve, but still within a reasonable window.

Last edited:
2024.8.9 installed for about 30 minutes now, no email, no option for FSD in the in-car UI.

So weird that Elon, given how well informed and stable he is, would not have known that they couldn't put FSD on half of the cars, even after a firmware update, and that clearly this was about technical readiness, not quarterly numbers. /s

• Funny
Reactions: gforce2002
This is clearly it, as all the cars I know of are on 8.7. Given half the fleet is on 8.7, this is just another Elon lie.

2023 MYP, always on wi-fi at home, all updates current. Still no sign of the FSD trial for me.

Sitting at 44.1 on the M3P and MYP. Debating if I should even bother...

From reading through the thread it seems likely that both cars would get the FSD trial, but I don't know if it's worth it.

Did you guys end up getting the FSD trial?