Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All US Cars capable of FSD will be enabled for one month trial this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was excited to try this got it today. Drove almost 20 miles through backroads and modest traffic with lights. Had to take over at one time.

Overall I'm far more impressed than I thought I would be. If this was able to rely on eyes and drop the @&#^ing "touch steering wheel" nonsense I would strongly consider paying for this monthly, based on what I've seen. Again, only a limited test so far but better than I had expected.

. If this was able to rely on eyes and drop the @&#^ing "touch steering wheel" nonsense I would strongly consider paying for this monthly, based on what I've seen.
Gonna be a long time before NHTSA allows them to reduce the amount of attention checking they are doing. Tesla's gonna need to get to actual L3 to do that. Was only 3 months ago we got the recall for insufficient checks to prevent misuse.

In certain circumstances when Autosteer is engaged, the prominence and scope of the feature’s controls may not be sufficient to prevent driver misuse of the SAE Level 2 advanced driver-assistance feature.

Got 2024.3.10 today with free FSD. Tested it out for about 5 miles no freeway. Not convinced to pay for this yet, i had to take over 3 times over that drive but it's definitely usable. Since I will be a beta tester, I would probably pay for this if I can transfer FSD to my subsequent teslas until it's out of beta. I mean, I'm already paying them to test their car.

My car is 22 Model 3 with USS and got the free FSD trial but my friend got 2024.8.7, no FSD trial. His car is also a 22 model 3 with USS, June build.

• Informative
Reactions: GeoX750
Another 11 miles tonight. There's on section of road I repeated that it cannot do, but it was able to navigate lights, parking lots well. The parking function is quite cool. For some reason it often has car on the right side of the lane, but my pessimism about these cars' FSD has definitely lessened with today's experiences.

• Informative
Reactions: GeoX750
My Model Y is a USS car and I got update 2024.3.10 last night while I slept, and I now have the FSD free month trial! Going to test it out after I eat breakfast! 😁
Gotta respect early adopters such as yourself...I used to be one, and found out Tesla does not.

So, the question I have....did the update disable your USS? If so, Tesla can take that update and shove it Domo knows where...

I cancelled my subscription on the 23 MS Plaid last month because the whole thing was useless. Tried it again today and it’s as useless as before the update. I had to intervene twice in the first five minutes just to stop it from curbing the rear wheels whilst turning. It also kept stopping 30 feet before a stop sign and was getting confused with cars in front of it. I guess it might be useful on the highway if switching lanes on your own is too much of an ordeal for you, but in urban and suburban environments it is anywhere between annoying and dangerous because of its unpredictable behavior to other drivers.

For the record, this is the version I have:

IMG_5542.jpeg

it was nice knowing you
I'm back and I lived. Twice. Had it drive me to work which was four miles, 6 stoplights, 3 rights and a left. It had to stop at every light (timing coincidence). Speed limit was 25, 35, and 45, two way traffic (one lane each). It accelerates harder than I prefer from lights and doesn't coast down as much as I prefer when approaching red lights or making turns. It drove like my mom, "racing" to red lights, stopping quickly. It did a proper lane-to-lane right turn, then signaled to get over a lane when the right lane ended. I aborted at a red light to turn on red (allowed) and then aborted in the parking lot as it did not detect the speed bump. Upon exiting the lot to return, it did detect the second speed bump.

This was a pathetically easy drive, but it felt like a teen/beginner driver. I need a "Computer Student Driver. Please be patient" bumper sticker. I'm not saying that's bad, but it's not great.

The second drive on a different route made the same error, twice. It failed to signal an exit where a second lane appears next to an exit lane and take the second lane AND it failed to use the new lane. One time, it wanted to merge right, then immediately merge left into the new lane (beginners and visitor's mistake) and the second time, I swear it wasn't going to take the exit when the mapped path showed it was going to do so.

That is all I have to say about FSD in this thread. I welcome the newcomers to FSD, but I'll be driving normally with TACC for my local driving, thank you, and leave FSD testing to others. It's harder than regular driving and ruins the ordinary driving experience, IMHO.

Gotta respect early adopters such as yourself...I used to be one, and found out Tesla does not.

So, the question I have....did the update disable your USS? If so, Tesla can take that update and shove it Domo knows where...
My USSs still work in my 2022. No distance visualizations, just the normal wave of obstacles. It doesn't like my packed garage as it is. It freaks out if anything is less than a meter away!

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I got the trial and whoa am I impressed? Hell yeah. TBH this trial may trigger me to pay the 15K for FSD. Its unbelievable smooth and careful. in fact in a parking lot, the vehicle came to a halt at a pedestrian crossing and I wondered why. turns out there was indeed a pedestrian waiting to cross, that I had not seen . It even slows down for speed breakers in the parking lot.

I am thoroughly impressed. But 15K is still a bit too much. Decisions decisions decisions to be made.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I got the trial and whoa am I impressed? Hell yeah. TBH this trial may trigger me to pay the 15K for FSD. Its unbelievable smooth and careful. in fact in a parking lot, the vehicle came to a halt at a pedestrian crossing and I wondered why. turns out there was indeed a pedestrian waiting to cross, that I had not seen . It even slows down for speed breakers in the parking lot.

I am thoroughly impressed. But 15K is still a bit too much. Decisions decisions decisions to be made.
FSD is $12k. Your decision just got that much easier!

The FSDB one month free trial seems to have come with software update 2024.3.10.

Like TACC, it follows closer than I like.

It wanted to change lanes in front of an approaching overtaking vehicle, so I override it then.

It does change lanes by itself if the driver uses the turn signal.

The display on the left side of the screen is much more detailed than without FSDB.

I'm back and I lived. Twice. Had it drive me to work which was four miles, 6 stoplights, 3 rights and a left. It had to stop at every light (timing coincidence). Speed limit was 25, 35, and 45, two way traffic (one lane each). It accelerates harder than I prefer from lights and doesn't coast down as much as I prefer when approaching red lights or making turns. It drove like my mom, "racing" to red lights, stopping quickly. It did a proper lane-to-lane right turn, then signaled to get over a lane when the right lane ended. I aborted at a red light to turn on red (allowed) and then aborted in the parking lot as it did not detect the speed bump. Upon exiting the lot to return, it did detect the second speed bump.

This was a pathetically easy drive, but it felt like a teen/beginner driver. I need a "Computer Student Driver. Please be patient" bumper sticker. I'm not saying that's bad, but it's not great.

The second drive on a different route made the same error, twice. It failed to signal an exit where a second lane appears next to an exit lane and take the second lane AND it failed to use the new lane. One time, it wanted to merge right, then immediately merge left into the new lane (beginners and visitor's mistake) and the second time, I swear it wasn't going to take the exit when the mapped path showed it was going to do so.

That is all I have to say about FSD in this thread. I welcome the newcomers to FSD, but I'll be driving normally with TACC for my local driving, thank you, and leave FSD testing to others. It's harder than regular driving and ruins the ordinary driving experience, IMHO.

My USSs still work in my 2022. No distance visualizations, just the normal wave of obstacles. It doesn't like my packed garage as it is. It freaks out if anything is less than a meter away!
I went on a 35 mile (70 round trip) with mixed highway and city streets.. it's generally really good on the highway and almost ok on city streets I think it's great for road trips would be super helpful if it could be level 3 on Eisenhower interstates

Reactions: CyberShy