Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union 1.49% for 72 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a thread of GAP explanation and can someone who's a math geek among us, help us with a formula to determine what is the break even point of whether to purchase the coverage or not?

Also GAP coverage is somewhat related to loans, so for those that want to start a new thread, please do so as we do not want to go off topic since this is technically a rate/ loan referral thread as mentioned by ccutrer. :p

Getting a sub 2% loan is like free money. I would finance 105% in a heart beat and get optional gap as coverage.

Just had a 90D totaled after an accident. If no gap I would have been under by $14K+

If I had done a larger down payment I would not have gotten enough $$$ from insurance company to replace vehicle.

So in short, I support getting a loan with minimal down payment and double support getting gap.

Reactions: Cowby and vrykolas
Getting a sub 2% loan is like free money. I would finance 105% in a heart beat and get optional gap as coverage.

Just had a 90D totaled after an accident. If no gap I would have been under by $14K+

If I had done a larger down payment I would not have gotten enough $$$ from insurance company to replace vehicle.

So in short, I support getting a loan with minimal down payment and double support getting gap.

where did you get your gap coverage? I just insured and they didn't offer the gap coverage! Thanks

I ended up with US Bank at 1.49% for 72 months through Tesla Lending. TL was fantastic to work with. Same day service. Responsive. I also applied separately via the Tesla link at Tech CU. My experience with Tech CU underwriting was that they care only about income, and not about assets. So Tech CU may not be an option for retirees with substantial assets, relatively low taxable income, but who want to take advantage of very low interest rates.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby and Shopi01
One thing I didn't appreciate about Tesla Lending is that they shopped all over the place with my credit and it came back 1.99% or higher, despite the high credit score (800's). I've taken a huge hit on my score for the next few months because of all the inquiries by Chase, TD Bank, US Bank and others, I had to tell the Finance guy to stop shopping around because I kept getting emails and this was after I got the first offer and had already told the Finance guy to stop because I wasn't happy with what they came back with. First offer was 2.20% for 60 months. I laughed and thought it was a major mistake. Even though Tesla gave the banks my lease history for the past two years (never a late payment), they still came back with very unfavorable terms.

It's pretty annoying that different banks have drastically different rates. With TechCU, it was pretty easy, took two and a half days to get funded and at the 1.49% rate.

They shopped around a bit for me too. I've also got 800+ credit, my annual income was over 3x the full final price of the car, etc.

They said no bank was willing to give me 1.49 for 72mo due to my lending history lacking this size of a transaction (true, my last loan was 30% less).

They ended up getting me 1.74% for 72 with 10% down. I was more annoyed at the 10% down; the interest rate was close enough to the special that I just went for it.

Bluewater got a fantastic rate for 72 months with US Bank, with TechCU it would have been 1.75% at 72 months.

You can only get the 1.49% with TechCU if it was 60 months or less.

Are these some kind of underground rates as their website spells out 2.24% for 37-66mo auto loan? Rates have been going up in the last month or two so was that some time ago?

Loan and Deposit Rates - Tech CU