Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union 1.49% for 72 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should be taking delivery of my new X sometime this week and the finance guy said as long as I take delivery before end of September I will automatically get the rate of 0.99%. Was worried because I was initially approved for 1.49%.

Out of curiosity, I inquired directly with Tesla finance services dept and they confirmed that the loan rate for Model X is indeed now 0.99%. Apparently the new rates went into effect Friday. Dailo, for what it's worth, the Tesla sales/ finance folks will always push for the quarter end sale by claiming the "special" rate will be gone after quarter-end... Anyways, 0.99% is a pretty nice rate no matter how you cut it..

8 years?! I thought mine was long at 6 years. They might as well start calling these things short-term mortgages. My Tesla payment is within $100 of my first mortgage.

Ha! Yeah, we want to keep the monthly as low as possible just to give us flexibility, but we plan on having it paid off much sooner. The rates are so low there is no point in committing to anything short-term in my opinion.

Looks like they are using TD Bank now also. I had to resubmit my app to add someone and now the lender is TD Bank.

They've been using TD for a while. First time around last year, TD gave me a terrible interest rate off but let me finance up to 110% LTV.

This time around, Chase considered me "sub-prime" because of "lack of previous depth of loan" (I guess going over $100k is some sort of milestone)? Fortunately, TD offered a loan with nearly the same interest rate (1.74 vs 1.49) so that's who I went with.

Yeah, you can't argue with 0.99% or 1.49%. They're basically begging to loan the money to you. I have 1.49%.

Nice! It also helps too that I will no longer have to pay $300 a month in gas. Monthly payments will still be absurd in comparison to any other regularly priced car, but it's all about being financially prepared. If worse comes to worst, we can always pay it off lump sum, but in the meantime, doesn't hurt to put those funds towards better use.

We had to cancel our Model 3 reservation though. Everyone has their limits. Best of luck with yours though!

The thing that usually snags people with excellent FICO scores and debt:income ratios is no prior history of installment loans within 20% of the request loan amount.

If you have previously borrowed a max of $50k and now you want $110k, the banks see that as increased risk. The irony of course is that for many of these people they had smaller loan amounts because they had more cash to put down. It's not just about having the cash to pay the loan; it's about how you've managed your debts in the past.

It's not uncommon for someone with significant financial resources to pay late. Doctors used to be notorious for this. My understanding is that this behavior has changed a bit for this group, but your occupation is used as a datapoint in many models. You could receive a better rate as an engineer vs a physician with everything else being the same.

Man, what is it with doctors, and lawyers too? By occupation, they’re ranked as the slowest payers, the worst drivers, the most illegible writers, the stingiest this, the most feckless that...

Out of curiosity, I inquired directly with Tesla finance services dept and they confirmed that the loan rate for Model X is indeed now 0.99%. Apparently the new rates went into effect Friday. Dailo, for what it's worth, the Tesla sales/ finance folks will always push for the quarter end sale by claiming the "special" rate will be gone after quarter-end... Anyways, 0.99% is a pretty nice rate no matter how you cut it..
That is incredible.. I expected rates to go up, with all the stuff you hear about the Fed, etc. 0.99 is giving it away....

Lower than 0.99? I always heard it was in the 2 to 4% neighborhood.... And that the 'excellent' rate was never for CPO... so, that's interesting.

I thought the rates were in that range too but... I'm in Canada and I was offered... wait, hold on. Now I think I'm getting mixed up. I was offered 1.99% for a custom and 1.49% for either an inventory or a CPO. Now I can't recall which it was, sorry. I may have been mistaken.

Someone, correct me. :confused:

Got approved direct from Alliant for 0.99 on a new car loan with no car specified yesterday using the alliantpromos.org/tesla page. I need to call them back and check on a couple of things, like: any issues on confirming when I actually have a car nearer to delivery (I wanted to pre-approve to not get caught out when I ordered), and this deal is good only until 9/30/2017... what if car is late. (Yeah, *that* never happens...).

Process took four hours from filling out the form to an email with 'login to see your decision'. Excellent!

I do wish there an option to specify what car you are interested in. You only can say 'this car (VIN)' or 'I don't have a car in mind yet'.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: BLKMDL3