Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any graphics out or display will be limited by the power/memory available. Like for ex. playing a game what you see is not what's actually there, it's limited by what the computer can display not by what it sees, that can be called level of detail or LOD. Draw distance is how far out it can show an environment. The AMD system can have a much larger draw distance. We'll see this in the real world via less pop-in, ie. cars and objects being rendered in the visualization.
oh i see
so you mean the cars pops up around you when you drive, amd shows more of them
makes sense. thanks

The Ryzen is faster for sure. Now, with the newest UI update, I think the software has been optimized and it is not so bad on Atom.

I have the Atom MY, will get Ryzen MY soon and will be able to compare all that will have changed by then.

Finally, this is for the entertainment system only, AFAIK.

Thanks for posting the video. Looks like loading games, etc. is faster but it certainly isn't anything I'd cancel my order over.
To me it's more about future proofing than anything else. It's almost an inevitability at this point that we'll see a Tesla App Store soon, and it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if it was Ryzen-exclusive (especially given the whispers that a retrofit will be available for Atom systems).

Welp, my story in short. No Ryzen, but I still love my MYLR White. Now all of a sudden the wife is keen to keeping the second MYLR MSM (her fav. Color). Not sure how this will play out, but exciting for sure. Maybe goodbye to ICE after all.
Just to close the loop on this "possibility", I just came back from CarMax and we are now a two Tesla household.

Let’s hope this all plays out smoothly (ie: her MSM isn’t a technology miss with reboots, turtle mode, and a poorly designed UI that keeps her guessing).

Edit: Congrats to all ‘y’all that get the AMD…. Sucks for us that didn’t just weeks before. Maybe a 2022 retrofit? Hah. It’ll never happen, know.

Reactions: Noflash
To me it's more about future proofing than anything else. It's almost an inevitability at this point that we'll see a Tesla App Store soon, and it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if it was Ryzen-exclusive (especially given the whispers that a retrofit will be available for Atom systems).
Personally I'm not that concerned about future proofing because let's face it, we're probably about 6 months away from a major step change once they have 4680, battery pack, megacastings, etc, all sorted. So I'll probably only keep whatever I get in the next month or so a year or 18 months, sell it, and get the fully actualized series 2 MY. And that will be the car I intend to keep long term. By then it'll have the headlights, maybe air suspension, and all the computer upgrades, maybe even FSD by then, who knows?

So for me any car I get now is strictly sort of short term anyhow while I wait for the fully actualized series 2 with the million mile battery that I'll keep 'forever'.

Personally I'm not that concerned about future proofing because let's face it, we're probably about 6 months away from a major step change once they have 4680, battery pack, megacastings, etc, all sorted. So I'll probably only keep whatever I get in the next month or so a year or 18 months, sell it, and get the fully actualized series 2 MY. And that will be the car I intend to keep long term. By then it'll have the headlights, maybe air suspension, and all the computer upgrades, maybe even FSD by then, who knows?

So for me any car I get now is strictly sort of short term anyhow while I wait for the fully actualized series 2 with the million mile battery that I'll keep 'forever'.
This is pretty much my stance too, this car is probably getting dumped in 2-3 years and I will see what the new MY looks like (and other EVs, since the landscape should have changed considerably by then)

This is pretty much my stance too, this car is probably getting dumped in 2-3 years and I will see what the new MY looks like (and other EVs, since the landscape should have changed considerably by then)

I am traditionally a Buy a car and then tow out the corpse 10-15 years later . With these EV's I am not really sure what to expect long term. I do expect the values of the Y to plummit once they rid themselves of the backlog.

Reactions: orion2001
If anyone is planning on updating their car every 2-3 year like their phone, then most updates are moot and it doesn't matter when you time any purchase. People should just go in with eyes wide open and not count on the prices of used cars remaining inflated like they are now, 18 - 36 months down the line. There are a lot of unique factors at play at the moment that are boosting prices unnaturally high and unlike with *most* real-estate, Teslas and other mass consumer cars are not going to be appreciating assets over a longer timeframe, no matter what Elon states.

Reactions: Times8
It seems this tracker has kind of died out. 6 confirms so far, with %'s thrown off by people trolling the form (ie how can you 'not know' if you follow the very simple instructions, and if you answer IDK for everything, why fill out the form??)
Hopefully this week and next we'll start seeing some solid news on this front. Since I have a choice, based on the fact my M3LR order doesn't have a VIN assigned yet.
Question for tesla long-time followers: Previous updates, did they look similar? ie the chrome delete on M3 and other hardware updates. did they happen all at once, or were there blended deliveries for a few weeks?