Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suffice it to say that not all SAs are created equal. Mine gives me the runaround and even after asking him to look into the upgrades gives me the same company quote that nothing has been official and don’t anticipate the upgrades. I’m at VIN 355 (built 1/4, that he did look up) but frustrating not to be able to get more info.

At this point I’ll just wait until it arrives at the SC I suppose. Looking forward to everyone’s report once you take delivery.

Probably so. These early days almost seem like a crapshoot. Some get it, some don’t.
It's so weird. I really don't understand how it would be a mix. You'd think there's a trailer somewhere of Atoms and once they are done with those then they moved to Rizens. What set up would lead to it being random on an assembly line and what would be the benefit to doing so?

• Helpful
Reactions: MR F
No way any MYLR is going to use LFP. It isn't energy dense enough for the rated MYLR range. If they could have, Tesla would have already made that switch. Your SA is almost certainly mistaken. This is also the reason why I unfortunately have very little faith in any of the reports on here regarding SAs checking VINs and confirming presence of AMD chips.
It would be if they came out with a an MYSR, but right now there isn't one. But I don't believe there's any chance a MYLR has LFP; the math just doesn't work.

Reactions: hlin07
A couple days ago my SA told me in an email that he confirmed the vehicle with my VIN had the AMD chip. Today I talked with a different employee from the same service center on the phone and she said it had the Atom...
Oh man, I wonder if these SA’s actually have that level of detail. I spoke to two different SA’s and they both said they can confirm my vin has AMD but who knows until I actually get it.

I asked my SA who has been very responsive and typically acknowledges what he does or does not know about AMD and he told me this - I am not able to see this from my side. You can ask the delivery team on the day of delivery and they will let you know.

Eleven days, seventeen pages, three-hundred and thirty-two posts later and we are all still in the dark. Unbelievable.

Also don’t know if the calipers are now black on the MYP or red…..

Attachments

• F0E55D1D-03F4-4A5A-870E-5FBC40ABF93B.jpeg
    F0E55D1D-03F4-4A5A-870E-5FBC40ABF93B.jpeg
    424.9 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: neadams99
hold - in talking face to face with my SA on Thursday, she told me that she thought the new Li-ion battery and the AMD Ryzen chip were going on MYPs now and I shouldn't expect them. I told her that if mine did not have these changes I would not accept the car. She said I could ask the delivery team and they will tell you what you have - and if I don't get the upgrades I can defer and be placed back in the delivery queue. I have read the responses given by SAs on this thread and another one on this subject and they are all over the place. I don't know what to expect but if I don't get them I will defer. The next day my EDD was pushed out 6 weeks to Feb 24 - Mar 24. That change may mean I will get the changes without deferring.