Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received VIN = 154xxx M3LR
Nobody I’ve contacted at Tesla states they will confirm AMD and only option is to check on delivery day!!! Is there a master thread checking status for others? My DD is Jan. 24-30…. How could I verify the build date now?

Received VIN = 154xxx M3LR
Nobody I’ve contacted at Tesla states they will confirm AMD and only option is to check on delivery day!!! Is there a master thread checking status for others? My DD is Jan. 24-30…. How could I verify the build date now?
If you got a VIN today or yesterday one of those is your build date(s). By law, a VIN is official when the car is assembled, and not before.

The difference is enough for me to order a 2022 car when I have a nice 2021 in my driveway

Tired of the lag with the V11 reverse camera
Backup camera lag is by far the worst part of MCU2 in a Model 3. MCU1 Model S reverse camera is much smoother and usually quicker to load. I assume showing 3 camera feeds at once has a lot to do with it, would be nice if we could disable the side camera feeds, they're occasionally helpful but most of the time I'd rather have a faster, smoother rear camera feed.

On my Model 3 the backup camera was laggy before V11, haven't noticed V11 making it any different.

This is a legit driving issue because we back these cars into parking spots all the time, as that's where the charge port door is. Yes otherwise MCU2 seems perfectly fine, everything else about it is faster and smoother than MCU1, and as fast or faster than the infotainment on other cars. It will get left behind on new software features at some point though. These days Tesla doesn't even seem to do basic regression testing on MCU1, there are blatant UI bugs like misaligned buttons that are almost entirely off the screen. Maybe there's enough MCU2 volume with the 3+Y that Tesla will never let it rot that bad...maybe.

Edit: Just for the record, Ryzen/MCU3 is not nearly enough for me to trade up from my October 2021 Model 3. I love driving the car and there will always be more improvements coming, about the only thing I'd trade up this car early for is quad motors (just for max traction - this thing's got plenty of power already). That's just me though, I don't blame anyone who wants Ryzen/MCU3 and can do the new car upgrade for a reasonable cost in today's crazy car market.

Last edited:
That has always been an option has it not? (It is on the Model S.)
Ohh, maybe I haven't dug enough into the options! On AP2+ Model S loaners I've never seen the side camera feeds come on, I always assumed it was a 3/Y vs S/X thing. Though I'm not sure if I ever got a Model S with MCU2...newest S loaners I've had were 2018s, 75D/(P)100D era.

My S is too old to have fancy things like side cameras, radar, parking sensors...y'all got it good. 😛

Reactions: neadams99
Received VIN Jan. 11th .. what are the chances getting the AMD? I can place on hold one last time and bump to Feb 12th..
I think the general consensus is that Jan 11th is when new model 3s start getting produced will come with Ryzen..if you received on 11th, your car was completed on 11th, so probably not..only thing you can do is call tesla and ask the agent to confirm (they can check through build details, date of car, delivery config) to see what the car has. I had to call a couple times before someone told me directly that my M3 LR (built on jan 08) does NOT have amd...but others are getting responses from tesla stating they cannot see the build details from vin...we just have to wait for people to take delivery this month and see if ANY of the model 3/y have amd,..

Reactions: Hvnleigh
Ohh, maybe I haven't dug enough into the options! On AP2+ Model S loaners I've never seen the side camera feeds come on, I always assumed it was a 3/Y vs S/X thing. Though I'm not sure if I ever got a Model S with MCU2...newest S loaners I've had were 2018s, 75D/(P)100D era.

My S is too old to have fancy things like side cameras, radar, parking sensors...y'all got it good. 😛
Just swipe down when the camera view is up and it will hide the side cameras.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
Backup camera lag is by far the worst part of MCU2 in a Model 3. MCU1 Model S reverse camera is much smoother and usually quicker to load. I assume showing 3 camera feeds at once has a lot to do with it, would be nice if we could disable the side camera feeds, they're occasionally helpful but most of the time I'd rather have a faster, smoother rear camera feed.

On my Model 3 the backup camera was laggy before V11, haven't noticed V11 making it any different.

This is a legit driving issue because we back these cars into parking spots all the time, as that's where the charge port door is. Yes otherwise MCU2 seems perfectly fine, everything else about it is faster and smoother than MCU1, and as fast or faster than the infotainment on other cars. It will get left behind on new software features at some point though. These days Tesla doesn't even seem to do basic regression testing on MCU1, there are blatant UI bugs like misaligned buttons that are almost entirely off the screen. Maybe there's enough MCU2 volume with the 3+Y that Tesla will never let it rot that bad...maybe.

Edit: Just for the record, Ryzen/MCU3 is not nearly enough for me to trade up from my October 2021 Model 3. I love driving the car and there will always be more improvements coming, about the only thing I'd trade up this car early for is quad motors (just for max traction - this thing's got plenty of power already). That's just me though, I don't blame anyone who wants Ryzen/MCU3 and can do the new car upgrade for a reasonable cost in today's crazy car market.
I'll be trading up for 4680s, etc, in about a year or so, whenever the fully realized series 2 has settled in. Then I'll keep that car forever.

Reactions: J4RBOT
Everyone try texting that number to find out. It took 2 days for them to reply back Wish yall luck!
VIN 356xxx

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-121358_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-121358_Messages.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 135
For those who debating whether superior ADM CPU vs Intel Atom wont have much difference I think is wrong. It should impact all CPU intensive tasks including Youtube page rendering and app startup times. Think of it as upgrading your laptop from Celeron/Atom to latest AMD Ryzen, the impact is very significant across the all CPU intensive tasks.
The jump is def understated but its not as big of a jump that you are describing. Its supposedly a second gen ryzen chip and its a low spec one like a 2000 series. Still a good upgrade none the less

First time poster, long time follower, just thought I'd provide another datapoint, I will fill out the spreadsheet when we officially pickup tonight at 5pm PST.

MYLR
VIN: 353XXX
Built Date: 01/10
MCU: AMD
Battery: Lithium Ion
If you haven't picked it up yet how did you verify that? Please post a picture of the info screen on the car so we can keep track that way too. All the people posting that their SA's told them so without a screencap from the car have been skewing things for the last handful of pages.