Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ampol AmpCharge network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PXL_20230425_024836870.jpg

Ampol Ampcharge Penrith is under construction. Could not see any branding on the cardboard but assume they are sticking with the ABB units... Bit of a long time between drinks from there last install.
This site is directly across the road from BP Pulse Penrith.

I've been driving past the Carseldine chargers every day since installation (maybe 9 months ago?) and sadly in all that time I have only ever seen 1 or 2 people using. Pretty much every single morning I drive past its not being used. Makes me worry they'll pause any further roll-out if the return is so poor.

Reactions: johnchidgey
I've been driving past the Carseldine chargers every day since installation (maybe 9 months ago?) and sadly in all that time I have only ever seen 1 or 2 people using. Pretty much every single morning I drive past its not being used. Makes me worry they'll pause any further roll-out if the return is so poor.
They currently have 9/121 of there Arena funded sites open. Not sure what happens if they miss their deadline for install on these. I think I read somewhere in a lessons learned that it has been extended to early next year. I think it was late this year. For NSW there are a further set of drive electric NSW state funded sites that have until October next year to complete, these are on top of those 119 above.
I guess it is still possible they could cut and run but I guess that depends on how much the funding covers any shortfall in current demand.

They're pricing at the top of the market and not really giving a top-of-the-market service, so it's hardly surprising.

Reactions: positiv
I've been driving past the Carseldine chargers every day since installation (maybe 9 months ago?) and sadly in all that time I have only ever seen 1 or 2 people using. Pretty much every single morning I drive past its not being used.

To me, DCFCs at highway service centres make sense. DCFCs at suburban servos not so much. I mean, generally speaking, they are not attractive places to visit for any length of time, unless they have adjacent facilities (e.g. supermarket, food/coffee outlet with tables and chairs) that people might ordinarily spend some time at anyway.

Agreed particularly for 400V cars (ie. All Tesla's and the majority of EVs) you are paying $0.69/kWh for max 75kW or so

Unless the can up the Amp limit it's expensive for what it provides.
Agree. I certainly wouldn't be choosing to use Ampol at those prices unless I had no other choice. My EV can charge at 170kW, so I'm certainly not going to be paying top dollar to charge at a measly 75kW.

Reactions: unharmed
Three new ampcharge chargers now online in the app. Total of 9 Australia wide.

153 Coreen Ave,Penrith NSW 2750

157 Lord Street, East Perth, WA, 6000

and

354a Robinsons Rd, Derrimut VIC 3026

which does not have a finished photo up but is active in the App.
Screenshot_20230526-143801.png

And their tenth charger must have opened just hours after posted that. In Perth,
158 Corfield St, Gosnells WA 6110, Australia

One of the NSW Govt awards, but AmpCharge coming to both sides of the F1 Wyong service centres as part of a broader redevelopment booting out McDonalds and adding Hungry Jacks and Oliver's.

Reslec Electrical Contractors posted this on June 10th:
Team Reslec, are proud to announce our project delivery for Yurika in NSW. rollout of site upgrades for Ampol Australia, for EV fast charging stations. From ASP1 network upgrades/ asset construction, ASP2 service connection upgrades/ connection, main switchboard, distribution board upgrades, solar/ BESS installation and commissioning to facilitate the installation of EV fast charge stations.
Exciting times!

Reactions: RichardV