Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android app update - car connect delay fixed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the update, it won't connect if my phone is connected to WiFi. If connected by cellular date, it works fine. When on cellular, it clearly connects quicker. Unfortunate that WiFi is not working reliably.

I can connect via WiFi, but it is slow. It sat on the red Teska screen for almost a minute before showing my car. I have not tried a cellular connection yet.

Reactions: markn455
After the update, it won't connect if my phone is connected to WiFi. If connected by cellular date, it works fine. When on cellular, it clearly connects quicker. Unfortunate that WiFi is not working reliably.

yeah, I have this too, now I have tried is on wifi. Much quicker on cellular but takes an age connect via wifi.

My Android Tesla build is 2.7.8 160 in case others have different versions.

Another patch please tesla.

For as long as I can remember, my Tesla app on Android wouldn't connect unless I saw the red T on launching the app. In almost all cases, I would see the red T every other time I tried to launch it. If I didn't see it, I'd back out of the app to try again and would see it and would connect.

With the update I just installed, I've tried 5 times and each time I've seen the red T and connected to my car in about the same amount of time I'm used to seeing.

Galaxy S5 on Marshmallow (6.0.1)