Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking inflation into account, that’s the cheapest the refreshed Model S has ever been.
Getting close, just one more $5k drop and we're there.

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 9.23.37 AM.png

Reactions: tjkenny15
now I’m in a weird place where they pushed my delivery back over a week after I paid And the price dropped. Wonder if I can request a refund since I haven’t taken delivery yet? cant hurt to try, right?
If you haven’t taken delivery they should give you the lower price. I say that but it’s been 10 weeks or so and no check for the 2K priced drop that happened with my car before delivery.

Elon ruined the Model S with the yoke and stalkless design.

If they would put the stalks back on with the round wheel option, I would buy one today.
The yoke and stalkless design are fantastic. I realize some drivers are stuck in the past and habits are hard to break. For this old-timer, it took about 1 minute for me to get used to the new design. I love it.

The yoke and stalkless design are fantastic. I realize some drivers are stuck in the past and habits are hard to break. For this old-timer, it took about 1 minute for me to get used to the new design. I love it.

Nice to hear !
How did you get used to buttons moving from side to side as the yoke is rotated ? I realize this is not a common thing to happen in driving, although round-abouts seem to be one example where the issue might pop up.

now I’m in a weird place where they pushed my delivery back over a week after I paid And the price dropped. Wonder if I can request a refund since I haven’t taken delivery yet? cant hurt to try, right?
Paid in full? At delivery day you can refuse if they won't give a refund. Well, as I type this, that won't get you anything but the can down the road. Cancel, but you already paid. Sticky situation.

Yes I paid in full via wire payment from my bank. My new MVPA shows the updated price so like the others before me, they'll issue a check 10-12 weeks after delivery.
Why? I paid with my checking account connected to my Tesla account at the time of delivery and it took all of 5 seconds. I don't understand what the advantage is to paying in advance.

Reactions: msm859
Why? I paid with my checking account connected to my Tesla account at the time of delivery and it took all of 5 seconds. I don't understand what the advantage is to paying in advance.
My original delivery was on Easter weekend and I didn’t want any potential delays because of a payment delay. I paid before they delayed delivery. Id rather have everything done and ready to go, it’s just the way I like to do things.

My original delivery was on Easter weekend and I didn’t want any potential delays because of a payment delay. I paid before they delayed delivery. Id rather have everything done and ready to go, it’s just the way I like to do things.
I guess I've dealt with Tesla enough times now to not want to give up control until I confirm visually in person they're meeting their end of the bargain which isn't a given with Tesla.

I guess I've dealt with Tesla enough times now to not want to give up control until I confirm visually in person they're meeting their end of the bargain which isn't a given with Tesla.
When I bought my first one almost 8 years ago thats how it was done, I paid, and they flat-bedded it to my house. I guess I always kept with that process. There were a ton more options back then, you essentially built every piece customized to how you wanted. Everything was an option. Through all the years, they’ve always done right by me so I’ve never had a reason to not trust them.

I agree with both of you, so I show up with a bank check. I also try to not link my checking account to anything.

Reactions: zoomer0056