Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla driver asleep at the wheel!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...I feel like this sets back autonomous driving for the rest of us.

Some drivers do fall asleep whether there's Autopilot or not.

The only difference is without Autopilot, a paparazzi just don't have enough time to film the sleeping driver because of an accident.

With Autopilot, a paparazzi can have 30 seconds to document that the sleeping driver is still alive.

So does anyone know what is supposed to happen if the driver never returns to the wheel? I can’t imagine that the car would drop out of EAP right? I mean, what if the driver actually had a heart attack, etc? I’m going to guess that the vehicle remains in EAP until the vehicle comes to a complete stop? Just a guess.

Some drivers do fall asleep whether there's Autopilot or not.

The only difference is without Autopilot, a paparazzi just don't have enough time to film the sleeping driver because of an accident.

With Autopilot, a paparazzi can have 30 seconds to document that the sleeping driver is still alive.

So true. I love his media makes it sound like non-Tesla drivers don’t fall asleep. It’s literally one of the top reasons for accidents. If anything, this proves that Tesla is much safer than other cars. If this happened in my former Audi, I would be done in 10 seconds.

I got numbers of texts to check the news last night when the local news picked that story up. I find it irritating and I believe they are pushing a narrative for a specific reason...just like every other bullshit story they pick up.

I suspect it’s fake, which if so is highly irresponsible and poorly thought out (unless they are just wanting to be “famous” I guess) as it will undoubtedly have negative impact on the progress of autonomous driving (via increased govt involvement).

My car gets awfully irritated if I don’t grab the wheel, and it’s been shown on YouTube the cars will turn on the hazards and slow down to 15mph under the speed limit. I’d like to test that myself but I don’t have a closed road to drive on, and don’t think that’s at all safe to do on public roads.

Of course the biased media is showing it’s ugly head by ignoring the facts posted above. Many many people are killed by sleeping drivers in the US. IF it’s real, These Tesla’s are saving sleepy lives. Darwin wouldn’t approve...

i think many of these are fake, like some a$$ wants to mess with someone or make them think they are sleeping because its a "joke" you can do in a tesla (to some degree). problem is most people are stupid and then news is hell bent on ruining tesla for some reason.

i would love for people to just drive their cars and not try and be funny

Consider the "old guard" news media is desperately trying to stay relevant with many people getting their "news" from FakeBook, Twatter, InstaSpam, etc... so they get these idiots to stage this as "real" news... when in fact it's actually FAKE NEWS.

Or maybe just some attention starved millennials trying to get their 15 minutes of fame by creating a FAKE viral video.

If it was REAL wouldn't the guy who supposedly took the video have also gotten the license plate of the Tesla?

Hmmm...

Definitely possibilities with all the FAKE NEWS these days.

P.S. All that's missing for a PERFECT FAKE NEWS score is a "Baby on Board" sticker on the rear window.

• Funny
Reactions: JeffnReno
Yup, as mentioned above, all fake.

Notice how the people recording the video never get get footage of the license plates? Because they are totally in on it with the drivers.

And anyone who owns a Tesla knows there's really not enough time to fall asleep because of the audio and visual warnings when you don't provide input on the wheel.

And yet the media falls for it every time.